Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just before lockdown I was on ebay bored in work and bidded on and ended up winning this

It was an insurance write off because the cat was stolen..

Its the 190 bhp yamaha designed engine and revs almost 8.5k

Thought it was worth a punt..

Used the Audi to tow it the hour and a half home..

Put a new exhaust on so its now a decat with 2.5 inch straight though with just a small back box

At the same point the clutch was a bit shitty so put a new one on..

Also changed the lift bolts as they are common to snap in the head..

Overall its alright like.. There's no torque in these engines and you need to rev the hell out of it..

It also came with some terrible 16 inch "mega" alloys.. So changed them for some oem 17"

Fanks for looking
212ca97c98a863dd46114ce18811ac63.jpg
fa3673c02759839b5196f8c6b2aa9eee.jpg
e41aea67ebdc31086c6e6ceda4242377.jpg
e126bcc2761ae776d204f728e37f9e31.jpg
a4c6bb5eeb294699fcbbb2a810f18bf8.jpg
e634b2ca4c405c8f1926b7e45dbd53c6.jpg
3469cf0166903fa48611290bc69f12d5.jpg
e63467327b70a4c40c1cd9de77958386.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Neutron

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yeah I would "tow it home" too. ;)

I do like the way they do things differently, the super high rev s2000 engines (and I believe al vtec engines). mazdas affair with rotary engines. The reliability and servicability of them.

They either look really good or really bad though. No inbetween.

Some of their 4x4s look terrible. Just a little bit better from pontiac aztek (the breaking bad car before you google)

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
Men that don't like asian women in general have a few screws loose...oke not all the japanese(and other asian) women are pretty... oww sorry you are on about cars... yeah my old lexus is200 will say i did.. but i'll never buy a jap again unless it has a 6 cylinder engine, also owned a CIvic 1.4 vtec forgot the model number... but it was an 90-ties model... the hatchback with the sharp front to it. owned that for all of 3 months than it got crushed... only to be replaced with a proper 90-ties VW golf mk2 gti 16v KR 2 door in black with big bumpers

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I would "tow it home" too. ;)

I do like the way they do things differently, the super high rev s2000 engines (and I believe al vtec engines). mazdas affair with rotary engines. The reliability and servicability of them.

They either look really good or really bad though. No inbetween.

Some of them look really bad.
Haha i had to tow it as i was by myself... it was crazy loud without the down pipe too..

inside its quite a nice place to be and everything and i mean everything works

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Men that don't like asian women in general have a few screws loose...oke not all the japanese(and other asian) women are pretty... oww sorry you are on about cars... yeah my old lexus is200 will say i did.. but i'll never buy a jap again unless it has a 6 cylinder engine, also owned a CIvic 1.4 vtec forgot the model number... but it was an 90-ties model... the hatchback with the sharp front to it. owned that for all of 3 months than it got crushed... only to be replaced with a proper 90-ties VW golf mk2 gti 16v KR 2 door in black with big bumpers
The first few weeks i had it i wanted to sell it as i just wasnt happy with it.. but the last week or so ive started to enjoy it more..

i almost had an is200 just after christmas but the guy wouldnt sell for what i won it for on ebay :-/

Reactions: northpole

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More to the point - who the flip has a boot on their Milfuckyee?
haha its the old mans.. my snap on gun was flat... my old mans gun tho... beats the snap on hands down

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welllll as fortune would have it... A quiet evening has led me to buy another jap car..

I introduce you to my 190 quid civic.. it's a hybrid baby ...

I hate hybrid cars so I have no idea why I own it.. its mot'd and 30 quid a year tax..

I own 50% of it with my buddy...

It's has a twin spark 1.3 or something or other with an electric assit..

Dash is funky but it's absurdily slow

Anyways who likes it
f4f1e220a9a0bcfdc9c7d823a0cf4765.jpg
803a0675573e72ecd59cacb00c8dc64c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
slap a turbo on it..
I think that would take it to the same level as a KA haha ...

The plan for this weekend is straight pipe it :)

·
Registered
10,909 Posts
I think that would take it to the same level as a KA haha ...

The plan for this weekend is straight pipe it :)
It's a 1.3 engine right? Should be able to turbo or supercharge it and get some extra go from it... without it exploding... granted some cars will still be faster but if you just chuck an el cheapo compressor on it it will make a world of difference and it'll be a lot simpler to install providing there is space to mount it.

I would go for that thise roots type compressors are cheap as chips.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a 1.3 engine right? Should be able to turbo or supercharge it and get some extra go from it... without it exploding... granted some cars will still be faster but if you just chuck an el cheapo compressor on it it will make a world of difference and it'll be a lot simpler to install providing there is space to mount it.

I would go for that thise roots type compressors are cheap as chips.
I Believe so... i knew nothing about these cars and was googleing whilst on route to learn about it..

id be surprised if it lasts the winter with me, i was going to scrap it as the scrap place by me pays me more than what i paid for it so make a quick few quid. However me and my buddy are going to use it as a tip run car/carry crap/carry parts....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts