Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fancy having a bit of a go at internet gaming, but am not too sure of what game to buy..perhaps we could arrange something.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Used to play Unreal Tournament over a LAN and that was a real blast - never tried it over the internet, though a bunch of my mates are nuts about Half Life/Counter Strike. It's another world when they talk about last night's game, on a daily basis, I have no idea what they are on about! [:D] Are you into strategy or arcade action style games?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Used to play Unreal Tournament over a LAN and
that was a real blast - never tried it over the internet, though a
bunch of my mates are nuts about Half Life/Counter Strike. It's another
world when they talk about last night's game, on a daily basis, I have
no idea what they are on about! [:D] Are you into strategy or arcade
action style games?
The original UT (99) is a blast to play over the Net , what type of games do you want?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I still play counter-strike source a bit. Is no doubt the most addictive game ever. I love the realism (if you get shot once in the head you're out, and have to wait until the next round) and the choice of so many wicked guns to shoot.

If you get a copy of half life 2 as counter-strike comes free with it. The only problem is, there are people who have been playing the older versions of counter-strike online for about 5+ years now, so dependeding on which servers you use, prepared to get killed repeatdly by some nutter in belgium who lives, sleeps and breathes online games. It can be frustrating at first...

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I've been playing CounterStrike for about 4 years now. Though I've not played it in a few months as its really gone downhill lately. The original CS is too full of cheaters these days and the new CS:S is basically rubbish - the hitboxes and code have ruined the game.

The new kid on the block is Battlefield 2 - this game is awesome. You are stuck in the middle of modern warfare commanding M1 Abrahms tanks, Black Hawk helicopters, artillery strikes etc. You can be one of several classes of soldier and form squads to carry out objectives. This game is well worth buying but is very heavy on system and graphics card memory.

Have a look at http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/home.jsp

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am currently downloading Americas Army........;havent got a clue what its about but no doubt will pick it up.

855 MB tho gulp

I have an ATI 7000 card installed hope this will be sufficient

Found a good site for Patches and downloads

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yep, Americas Army is a phat game! Havent played it in a while might have to download the new version which looks even better, You should have no probs playing it with that card I was playing using a geforce 2 :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, Americas Army is a phat game! Havent played it in a while might have to download the new version which looks even better, You should have no probs playing it with that card I was playing using a geforce 2 :)
Cool

Lets set up a gamers Circle then on Americas army.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Don't even try playing BF2 with that card if you do think about it. They only have 64mb of ram I think which is really limiting what you can play. If you can upgrade try to get something like a Radeon 9600 XT as these have 256Mb ram and can be well overclocked. They're also not that expensive now (<?100).

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Ahh well definately don't do BF2, it just wouldn't run well at all. I might check out Americas Army myself too, looks like it might be quite good.

·
Registered
210 Posts
When you start America's Army you have to do some training, but don't be put off because it's well worth it.

Matt

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I downloaded Americas Army after 2 hours 855MB, it seems superb tho I cannot (so far) get past the rifle range.......but it seems better than most single shooter games and its free.

Any tips on how I can progress.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Any tips on how I can progress.
You have to remember that your breathing affects your accuracy. You?ll notice that you hold your breath for a second or two when you finish breathing in so you just need to time your shot.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>hth
Matt</o:p>

·
Registered
102 Posts
a few games i play online

Command and Conquer Renegade, & Generals

Deus ex 1 & 2

Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2

Half life - but someone's stole my key

all oldies but they are still good

·
Registered
200 Posts
Counterstrike: Source is a real hoot! Well worth coughing up the dollar
for. Frustrating at first when you're new to it, but as you get better
its quite rewarding to skillfully cut down a small squad of guys or
snipe off a bunch of people at long range ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts