Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Any images of a mk4 golf with coilovers and 17" wheels?

9K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  -vin- 
#1 ·
I have been wanting coilovers for a few months now but as I have 17" wheels im worried that it will be undriveable as my area is littered with speedbumps!

Im lowered about 30mm at the moment and my sump is about 3inches off the floor already, im a student so I dont have much money so all these expensive ways are out!

I also have 205/40 tyres which some people have said will make the car lower, I just want to know does anyone have pictures of a golf on 17"s slammed? And what tyres they have, 205/40's if there are any?

#19 ·
-Vin- is this alrite as a daily drive? Many speedbumps and up even roads around You?

Oh and btw did you get your wheels back???

n Aaron GS yea mine is easily that low, maybe lower on 30mm, I may have to just drop it and decide if i want 45's!
sorry man, only just see the reply!

well yh to me its fine. ive taken the of underguard off, dont hear anything scrapping now in a straight line. obviously theres an issure with bumps though lol. my areas alright to be fair, there have been places ive driven and have been horrible. but when (i had them wheels) i drove slower in areas i wasnt familiar with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.