Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my golf is pretty standard and i have a few ideas on what i want to do but if nebody has any suggestions i would be greatful.1.tints2. bumper plastics fully sprayed3.alloys4.lowering
Posted Image

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Aero wipers, stubby aerial off Zeke is a must. Debadge rear golf, Uk-mkivs.net stickers (cant make out your sticker in back window) but yeah id go for tints , wheels , lowering.

Not sure which ones tbh.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Yup, but i think wheels and lowering must come first.  And choice of wheels will be down to your budget and how much you want to spend.  Maybe military style badges, would be a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
fully colour code including valances

alloys + lowered

stubby arial and lots of uk-mkivs.net stickers idealy 3! 1 in rear, and 1 each on the 3/4 window

then you will have a sweet looking golf

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
suppose your going to direct him to my waste of money post [:p]

although colour coding does make the car look 110% better and its a good idea if keeping the car, unlike me i changed my mind on keeping it

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
  1. Remove Golf badge from rear
  2. Stubby aerial
  3. Aero wiper at the back at least
  4. Lowered
  5. Wheels
  6. Dont see the point at the mo of colour coding it all,as there already black!

GOOF

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
thing is for that price you would end up with heavy alloys and that would take away all your acceleration and power so your k&n would be pretty useless

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the problem is with lowering my car  is that the lane i live down is so bumpy i already scrap on it on awsome gti there are new rs4 replica they are on the very right top of the pages for mk4 alloys and they look nice im thinking off them

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
First mods have got to be lowering followed closely be alloys. No matter what your car, these will give you the biggest visual transformation of any mods.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
the problem is with lowering my car is that the lane i live down is so bumpy i already scrap on it on awsome gti there are new rs4 replica they are on the very right top of the pages for mk4 alloys and they look nice im thinking off them
You'll probably find the most common reason for MkIVs scraping is actually the naff, wallowy stock suspension, not the ride height. Within the first two weeks of getting my 1.6 SE brand new I had an airbag warning light, so took it back to the dealer, there was a very slight dip at the entrance to the workshop that my old 309 would have taken in its stride (and I thought that car was a bit wallowy) but all I heard was this KERRRUNCH!!! under my two week old car and I nearly cried.

Decent, stiffened sports suspension will sort this out without making the ride that much harsher especially if you keep the same wheels (cheapo suspension kits off eBay or just lowering springs without matched dampers will be very harsh indeed). My car is now lowered and I can go over bumps and stuff faster than I could on the stock suspension, but without scraping (unless I really misjudge it badly [:$]) because the uprated dampers are much more high tech and react better.

Ask yourself if you want looks over technical improvement. You've got an induction kit, it would be kinda wasted to then put heavy wheels on. It's your car though so do what makes ya happy, we're here just to give each other opinions and advice [:)]

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers mate i wILL  LOOK INTO ITFOR WHEN I LOWER IT THOSE LOW STRUTS STAY IN THE SAME PLACE DONT THEY BECUASE THEY STAY WITH THE WHEEL DONT THEY SO I MIGHT JUST LOWER IT 30 MM ANY WAY

1 - 18 of 18 Posts