Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Any Ian Brown fans?

4K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  Deewat 
#1 ·
Couldn't think what to get my brother for xmas so bought 2 tickets, one for me and one for him at the AECC in february [:D]

#7 ·
Ian browns music is fantastic, he may not be the best singer in the world but he is without doubt one of the best to watch live, I saw him at Tinthe park many years ago.

I'm also a huge stone roses fan, I just wish they would get their act together and do a come back tour

#9 ·
Hell yeah! [:D]

Can only echo the sentiments above... possibly the most important man musically in this country in the past 20years. Roses are legendary, THAT debut album still sounds as fresh as ever, not only that, i still believe it to be the best album ever written.

His solo work is brought together beautifully by 'The Greatest' for those who dont really know his music. He was sensational live last month before the floor collapsed! (well waddaya expect starting a setlist with I Wanna Be Adored then Made of Stone!!!!).

F.E.A.R is a stonking track, absolutely unbelievably good. Other Brown faves are Corpses, My Star, and Reign [:D]

#10 ·
Hell yeah! [:D]

Can only echo the sentiments
above... possibly the most important man musically in this country in
the past 20years. Roses are legendary, THAT debut album still sounds as
fresh as ever, not only that, i still believe it to be the best album
ever written.

His solo work is brought together beautifully by
'The Greatest' for those who dont really know his music. He was
sensational live last month before the floor collapsed! (well waddaya
expect starting a setlist with I Wanna Be Adored then Made of
Stone!!!!).

F.E.A.R is a stonking track, absolutely unbelievably good. Other Brown faves are Corpses, My Star, and Reign [:D]
I wouldnt say 20 years, probaly 10, Paul weller Probably takes the 20 year Crown

#11 ·
Must admit Ian Brown is def an unsung hero. If weren't for the Stone Roses who brought back guitar to the main stream back in the last 80s we probably wouldn't have had the Madchester scene.

Quite a lot of the Stone Roses tracks still sound fresh now.

Didn't anyone like the Second Coming album?

#12 ·
Must admit Ian Brown is def an unsung hero. If weren't for the Stone Roses who brought back guitar to the main stream back in the last 80s we probably wouldn't have had the Madchester scene.

Quite a lot of the Stone Roses tracks still sound fresh now.

Didn't anyone like the Second Coming album?
I think Second Coming is a brilliant album, incredibly under-rated. Lets face it, the debut was absolutely impossible to match, it sounded so fresh at the time and by the time Second Coming arrived, the scene was full of Roses wannabes.

#21 ·
Messy breakup, there's in fighting already - Reni & ian havent got on for years. Squire and Manni arent arsed about the spats. but the friction between Brown and Reni will boil over, they both have massive ego's.

Massive IB fan, always have been since Sally cinnamon, and yes i'm old enough to have bought it on release !

#22 ·
Haha, I've got faith. Squire said he'd only reform if there was new material involved. Rumours are the stuff's being worked on already.

Mad when the news broke they were reforming though. Never thought I'd get the chance to see all four of them onstage.

Strangely though, I'm kind of looking forward to Browns next solo stuff if it all goes wrong. He's the man. So it's win win in a way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.