Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't think what to get my brother for xmas so bought 2 tickets, one for me and one for him at the AECC in february [:D]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
The front man of the stone roses, possibly the most influential artist
of the early 90s Just bought his greatest hist absolutely
wonderfull.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The front man of the stone roses, possibly the most influential artist
of the early 90s Just bought his greatest hist absolutely
wonderfull.
Thats weird, I literally just bought that yesterday! Is a good album.

Bruce - I'm sure your brother will like that.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Oh yea, the Monkey Man [Y]

That will be a quality night, I just hope the floor holds up [:O]

What you need to do is turn up to the Venue in these [H], then again, you might get mugged for the shoes [:|]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ian browns music is fantastic, he may not be the best singer in the world but he is without doubt one of the best to watch live, I saw him at Tinthe park many years ago.

I'm also a huge stone roses fan, I just wish they would get their act together and do a come back tour

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Hell yeah! [:D]

Can only echo the sentiments above... possibly the most important man musically in this country in the past 20years. Roses are legendary, THAT debut album still sounds as fresh as ever, not only that, i still believe it to be the best album ever written.

His solo work is brought together beautifully by 'The Greatest' for those who dont really know his music. He was sensational live last month before the floor collapsed! (well waddaya expect starting a setlist with I Wanna Be Adored then Made of Stone!!!!).

F.E.A.R is a stonking track, absolutely unbelievably good. Other Brown faves are Corpses, My Star, and Reign [:D]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Hell yeah! [:D]

Can only echo the sentiments
above... possibly the most important man musically in this country in
the past 20years. Roses are legendary, THAT debut album still sounds as
fresh as ever, not only that, i still believe it to be the best album
ever written.

His solo work is brought together beautifully by
'The Greatest' for those who dont really know his music. He was
sensational live last month before the floor collapsed! (well waddaya
expect starting a setlist with I Wanna Be Adored then Made of
Stone!!!!).

F.E.A.R is a stonking track, absolutely unbelievably good. Other Brown faves are Corpses, My Star, and Reign [:D]
I wouldnt say 20 years, probaly 10, Paul weller Probably takes the 20 year Crown

·
Registered
641 Posts
Must admit Ian Brown is def an unsung hero. If weren't for the Stone Roses who brought back guitar to the main stream back in the last 80s we probably wouldn't have had the Madchester scene.

Quite a lot of the Stone Roses tracks still sound fresh now.

Didn't anyone like the Second Coming album?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Must admit Ian Brown is def an unsung hero. If weren't for the Stone Roses who brought back guitar to the main stream back in the last 80s we probably wouldn't have had the Madchester scene.

Quite a lot of the Stone Roses tracks still sound fresh now.

Didn't anyone like the Second Coming album?
I think Second Coming is a brilliant album, incredibly under-rated. Lets face it, the debut was absolutely impossible to match, it sounded so fresh at the time and by the time Second Coming arrived, the scene was full of Roses wannabes.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
hey chris, another charlatans tour this year, you going?
You betcha! [:D]

Got tickets the day they came out.... also got Bloc Party, Morrissey, Arctic Monkeys and Placebo to look forward to as well!

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The concert was last night and was awesome!!

Opened with I wanna be adored and ended with F.E.A.R, couldn't have gotten any better.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Opened with I wanna be adored and ended with F.E.A.R, couldn't have gotten any better.
That's made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, must have been awesome.[:)]
Deffo couldn't have been better.

One thing i really do hate about concerts these days though is people throwing their drink over the people in front.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Wow bet it was great. Ian Brown must be brilliant on his own.

Saw the Stone Roses when they reunited but because of the fued between them over Second Coming album it wasn't that great.

Remember back to early 90s when I saw the Charlatans. The atmosphere was electric.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Thread Ressurection!!! [;)]

Seen Brown live over ten times now and I was at Heaton on the 29th.

EPIC. What a day.

Will be at V Fest to see them aswell.

Anyone elso go to Heaton? Thoughts? New material looming or another messy breakup?

One Love!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts