Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently looked at a puppy we are thinking about getting....

This will probably seem like an impossible task, but he is at a sanctury and they dont seem to know which breed he is....

Being 8 weeks he is small but his paws are medium, he is black with brindle on his paws and round his mouth, and above his eyes, having looked on the net he could almost resemble a doberman puppy but he has a tail(think they dock them later)but hes is SO placid, its just a concern as to what he will turn into!

In some ways hes a little bit labrodor'ish but there is one there and hes not the same, also his face and head could almost resemble a daschound, sausage dog but he doesnt have that shaped body, hes fairly muscular

I think its the brindle colouring thats throwing me, ive seen this on staffs and boxers etc...but never on a doberman

I can prob post some pics later actually, but for now could anyone help?!?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
796 Posts
Doesn't a daschund have similar shaped face to a dobermann anyway, just different sizes? May be a dobermann crossed with something more "bland", like a lab?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thats what I mean, he could be any of those three as they all look pretty silimar, im asuming he is deffo a cross of some kind

·
Registered
829 Posts
Why do you want to know? For temperament? See if you can get a photo up - I'm struggling with the description!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sounds Doberman-like. I've seen them black & tan, even all tan.

Temperament-wise, a mate of mine had 2 Dobermans & they were really placid - great with his kids. Kids'd poke the dogs in the eyes, play with their ears/teeth/paws, even dress them up in bandages for Halloween! NEVER even snarled. Not even at strangers, unless he told them! 2 of the best trained dogs I've seen.

I think a dog's temperament has a lot to do with the way they're trained & looked after, tho.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Indeed, hes 8 weeks i think, hes not tiny but not big

It will be a family dog, as i will be moving out soon but will come back and see it most days and walk it, so we were looking for a nice natured dog yeah.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think its Latin name is Growleous Adorablis Yapious.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think a dog's temperament has a lot to do with the way they're trained & looked after, tho.
Agreed, so very true.

If you are worried about hereditary conditions of a particular strain of its ancestry then I wouldn't. Cross breeding to form a '57' usually reduces the risks considerably with the fresh DNA. Hmmmmm DNA.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[^o)] I assume ur joking, my ex had a rotty puppy and hes nothing like one of them and my m8s got an Alsatian puppy now which he doesnt resemble, its the colouring thats throwing everyone

1 - 20 of 41 Posts