Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im a newbie in this anti lag area what do i require for antilag i have 1.8t 20v turbo mk4 golf. it will be remapped soon by r tech de cat mid section delete front mount intercooler pipercross induction kit.forge 007p scorpion backbox

·
Registered
236 Posts
For anti lag you need a 'serious' engine! Antilag throttle bodies used on Rally cars have a very short lifetime because of the nature of their operation, they create a small explosion just behind the turbo on over-run to keep the turbo spooling up. Because of this it means that any standard engine needs quite a bit of strengthening and modding to allow it to cope!

Also Antilag on the road will be useless, it only really works in extreme driving conditions such as high boost/rpm not to mention the amount of times your gonna get pulled because of the noise and often 2 foot flames from the exhaust!!

Imho it's not worth the trouble and cost to put Antilag on anything less than a full blown turbo rally slag!

Paul...

·
occasional poster, frequent reader
576 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antilag_system

^ it's quite a good read if you are a bit of a nerd.

it really is not worth the expense if you are not going to do it properly, and if you are going to do it properly, it will be expensive.

my mate had anti-lag/2 step launch control on his mk3 vr6 supercharged, but after a while he was using it almost daily because he loved the sound, now he needs a rebuild after waiting 3 months getting his car built, mapped etc as he melted a piston. although, he was running meth.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spose but next month i was looking at getting fmic,de cat and mid section delete,it already has scorpion backbox and pipercross induction kit with coldfeed.,also i want to remap her but after learning i also need to upgrade my ko3 to a ko3s so i will see 220-230. thats with stage 2 remap ko3s decat midsection delete forge 007p decent induction kit and upgraded tip. but what about injectors fuel bar pressure regulator ?

·
Like A Bawwsss
25,247 Posts
Regulator fine. On AGU, MAF and injectors top out around 230-235bhp. Then you need to put calibra yellows in (preffered) and VR6 maf housing from a MK3. Custom remap should give you around 230-240bhp depending on health of engine. Fuel pump is also to be considered as many OEM units are weak.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks alot chris :) so the calibra yellow they plug and play or need to be coded also di i need to but the maf off a vr6 mk3 and thats plug and play also am i right. the golf always been to vw to be serviced atm its currently faultless hopefully it stays that way hehe :) and fuel pump what would you reccomend bud.

·
Like A Bawwsss
25,247 Posts
You only use the housing off the MAF sensor....take your 1.8T actual sensor out and put into the VR6 housing. Just need to modify the end so it fits into the tip (sand it down) and airbox.

If I was you, id be putting injectors in when you get to mapping place (r-tech i hope) as few problems overfuelling causing fuel to go into the oil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.