Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving through town earlier in my V6 4Mo and the good old clutch pedal went. After much cursing and then my cousin towing me to my mate's garage (ex VAG master tech, who chuckled when I told him about the clutch) my cousin said I could use his Revo'd 20vt for today and tomorrow.

Jesus, how different are these 2 cars. Ok they're golfs but the difference in how they drive seems worlds apart.

I love my 4mo for it being smooth and just keeps pulling from 0 revs and now I've popped an induction kit on it the sound is fantastic and how it grips but the 20vt feels a little quicker, plus get the whistle of the turbo. It feels very much the same as my old Corrado G60 (68mm pulley & chip, rallye IC, CAI, Full SS exhaust, oil cooler). My god I've missed a charged car lol

I guess this isn't really a which one's best thread but more like "I can't get over how different they feel"

Gotta say at this moment I'm well jealous of the folk on here with a 20vt 4Mo!!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Yeah, totally different cars. I drove my Revo'd 1.8T for the last time on Saturday, power delivery is sooo different to the R32 which I've had for 2 months..... enjoy them both though! Like you said, the V6 pulls from low RPMs and the 1.8T needs to get "in the zone" before it'll pull you hard.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
20VT 4mos ftw

V6 is far better to drive as a daily though.
Looking at carlos's 18.4 mpg i dont agree ....... but then again im bound to dissagree, i own a tdi [:D]

·
Registered
894 Posts
I kinda agree with you Rack,

I got myself a weekend car and a work horse and it's a totally different drive.

Both are Bora's MKIV but I suppose I have to give the weekend car more of a run to know how/where it drives better.

Girlfriend loves the weekend car because it's smoother.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've missed having a car with FI and the chatter of the wastegate just makes me smile every time. But the traction in the wet is a nightmare. Defo very much the same as my G60, where as the 4mo just grips and goes. Would be good to get them side by side on some twisty roads. Dan, I'm very jealous of your motor, in a good way of course

If only I could afford to get the 4mo charged......... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts