Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, recently stumped up some dollar for a mk4 golf :)

Its done 210,000 , miles but came with extensive service history, and it even had a top end rebuild (camshaft, valves, all of it :) ) completed at Barnards VW in Stowmarket (got receipt in the history file).

I believe I have bought a GTTDI PD150, althought it appears to have a bigger inlet for the turbo and theres a rolling road printout suggesting 185bhp
. A couple of people have mentioned anniversary edition etc what with it being an '02 plate and having various extras on it. But I'm not sure if mine is an anniversary one or not? Is there any way of telling?

Also it is currently sitting on a set of eibach springs and bilstein dampers, this makes the car lovely to push through corners, but I kind of promised myself (and my back) a few years ago now that if possible I would avoid lowered cars

So as such will probably look to sell the bilsteins and springs and just go for a standard set up. (anyone got any ideas how much I could sell the springs and shocks for?)

But otherwise just saying hi, sorry for all the questions :D

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Welcome but with the power being what it is I suggest you leave it on the bilsteins. they are comfortable enough and it isn't that low anyway... as your wheels are 15" and you can still fit a fist in the arch gaps

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome!

It's not an Anni I'm afraid, they have a plaque inside with the Anniversary number on it, anniversary seats, come with 18 inch wheels, different rear valance, different front valance, roof spoiler, different headlights, and they didn't come in that colour.

Does look like a good starting base though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.