Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Gti this morning. I am well happy, basically spent the whole day just driving here and there and love it. Could not have been a worse day to pick up the car as it was covered within 5 mins of leaving the garage. will try and post some better pics later this week if the whether improves, but for now hope you like it.

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Silver looks a lot better than I thought it would, very nice. I'd even say the hated black rear valance matches well with the side skirts.

Please post more pics and a fuller review when you've stopped driving around!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Snap! Looks really nice. Great choice of colour [;)] Wish I had 18s, they look great. Enjoy your motor and if you not too busy driving it let us know how you're getting on with it & post some pics.

Steve

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2 days with the Gti and I am smiling more today. The ride comfort is brilliant firm but not intrusive into the cabin even with 18s on you can't really notice a difference from 17s(Yes Wish worth the extra). It is so comfortable on the motorway cruise the seats are brilliant, I have had a lot of comments on them from people. The steering and gearbox are great the gear change is just right for me direct but not clunky and the steering is weighted just right i don't like really light power ateering. It's funny I thought the not having the rear valance colour coded would bug me but it does not in the slightest. I may change my mind if I see one.

There is only one thing I can fault the car on and it is when you add base on the stereo you get some vibration from the speakers, but I think dynomat and a better set of front speakers will cure this, but it is something I will not be bothering with anytime soon.

I know this is fairly long but hopefully you get the point(Well Happy)

here are some better pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
643 Posts
Very nice indeed - does look good in sliver - and the fat rims look great [^]. Enjoy it mate!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Businessboy,

Yer the wheels are like Santa Monicas, look really nice on silver.

The first pic was camara phone so came out a bit more shiny and today the wheels got dirty on the way the is actually dirtier than it looks beauty of silver. When it gets cleaned hopefully friday I will post a pic of the wheels.

These are the only 2 clean pics I have

Day I picked it up

Posted Image

Same as first but with a proper camera

Posted Image

·
Registered
296 Posts
Quote: posted by JamesR on 26/01/2005 19:09:02

It's funny I thought the not having the rear valance colour coded would bug me but it does not in the slightest. I may change my mind if I see one.

I'm starting to think the same thing. Wasn't too sure before hand but the side skirts and rear valance don't bother me either.

However if I had a black GTi I would want colour coded (I think)

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Note to Seckles:

I wasn't too impressed when I saw your pics but it must be your photography. [;)] Because I'm liking this silver one!

·
Registered
170 Posts
awwww [:(] I didn't think they were that bad. Must try harder! James' pictures do look good tho - nice location. I will take some more when the weather improves & I give it a proper clean.

James - You car looks fantastic. Glad you're enjoying it, and I totally agree with everything you've said about the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts