Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote: posted by KuniD on 14/04/2005 23:15:24

Wow can't believe thats Golfists motor, he's made some changes! [:O]

Didn't twig when I posted them but I remember now. It used to look like this...

Posted Image

I thought it looked stunning then!

·
Registered
57 Posts
that car is stunning, i love the smoothed bumpers, think thats they way to go now, smooth all round! im now tempted to do it to my golf when i get it soon,

not made on the wheels to, but is very different and the 1st mk5 golf i have seen all smooth!!

any other photos of the mk5 golf smoothed?

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I will buck the trend. I much prefer it as it was. The current wheels look like there is zero rubber on them, they are far too low profile for my taste.

This picture makes the car look ridiculous to me.

Posted Image

I am not a fan of the smoothed look, it makes it look like a bubble or a droplet of water.

I do however like the front end.

Just my 2p worth

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have to say I prefer it how it was (and its got nothing to do with my pending RS6s honest - it does actually)

I think its "almost bling" if you know what I mean.

Foxy - another Peter K fan. Did you see the comedy store last night, he was so raw! I dont know when that was but I am sure it wasnt recent.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
It's interesting to hear views from both sides of the fence.......

Remember folks - change is inevitable.

Back in the days of MK3's when 16"s were radical, who would ever have thought 18"s would be great on a Mk4 or Mk5 ??

I aint a fan of 20's and i think they won't be daily driver wheels - the ride must be horrible.

I also prefer the previous pic of his car - it had more caracter (no pun).

I do respect the work done and the originality - after all, who's setting the standard for him to emulate?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like the look now smoothed, but with the RS-6 rims.

Either way a very very nice car, im started to be converted to the new mk5 seeing what other people have done, i dont think i would do this to a new car though!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts