Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Lot more to come by July. The figures have already been made known to certain organizations . Expect another 25p easily on top of today increase .

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
"JOKE" , Really? just where do you guys think we are exactly in this "recession" ?

we have only just started. This is really going to get worse . If a war starts around the middle east you will be kissing goodbye to over £1.80 a litre.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
It will be no use . You need to make sure your getting as many MPG's as possible and using them well. Thats why us Tdi drivers have a great advantage !!

Garages are also reporting huge amounts of "drive offs" where the driver has used a false plate etc . The chances are you will never ever be caught. Also they use sucker type stickers so that if stopped the car looks different also . Our local gets hit about 3-4 times a day

false plate or a little roll of black tape. Fill up and hit it ! Park up and remove tape or plate . Hoodie is a good idea also ! Police do not take it seriously, Garages just rely on number plate recognition software .

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Nightmare soon then it will cost me £100 to fill up a 55 litre tank.

Thank god i have a diesel. Will be driving at 50mph down the motorways now to get max mpg.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is a f ucking joke!
x2

tell me if im wrong but how the hell you going to keep increasing cost when people are poor enough as it is

frigging legalised extortion
...,extortion is the right word here what a joke i put £35 in yesterday just befor it hit red and it didn't even make it to the half way mark now goin up again whats goin on [facepalm]

·
Registered
486 Posts
"JOKE" , Really? just where do you guys think we are exactly in this "recession" ?

we have only just started. This is really going to get worse . If a war starts around the middle east you will be kissing goodbye to over £1.80 a litre.
Bang on, could not agree with you more. I work for a logistics company. by 2012 we are HOPING it's AT LEAST £1.80 litre. it won't be though. They have thoughts of it being a minimum of £2 a litre by Jan 2012.

Also the April/July increases will put it up to £1.60-£1.70 a litre... just you wait and see.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I dont know about anyone else but there is only so much I can take of these fuel rises. we have the highest fuel prices in the EU and why, beacuse the gov want to get as much as possible out of us.

maybe a protest outside 10 - downing street would do good but people these days seem to accepts what the gov say

rip off britain - your right about that!!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

Bang on, could not agree with you more. I work for a logistics company. by 2012 we are HOPING it's AT LEAST £1.80 litre. it won't be though. They have thoughts of it being a minimum of £2 a litre by Jan 2012.

Also the April/July increases will put it up to £1.60-£1.70 a litre... just you wait and see.
Thats why people should get out and buy the cheapest most economical care they can find SOON. If you have a car that runs less than 55 mpg etc you will suffer badly. Also to add to the good news , insurances are going up 20 % again next year. think long term and move as fast as possible into cheaper motoring . Car values will drop faster than a Bradford girls nickers . some people who have bought on credit will be going nuts as values fall

Aston V8's will have a trade in value of £31k if very lucky this time next year

1 - 20 of 36 Posts