Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off i'll start by apologising, but I tried searching a few things and couldnt quite find what I was looking for.

I'm looking at buying a set of these:

http://www.vaglink.com/VAG/Golf_MK4_Front_Fog_Light_Kit_Yellow_LED_Golf_MK4.htm

Not quite sure about which colour yet, but fancy the yellow for the more euro look. However I know some of you will disagree with this, as I know foglights really serve no useful purpose and I will admit it is purely for style reasons, which again some might not agree with, so I will apologise for that.

I have read about the issues raised of the lights affecting airflow to the SMIC, but looking at the lights it looks like they will allow quite a lot of air through with maybe slightly less flow. Just wondered what you guys thought about that?

Secondly I have read people saying that the heat from the fog lights would affect the intercooler, but my thinking was that if the foglights are LEDs, they wouldn't produce a lot of heat so this wouldn't cause too much of a problem. I could be completely wrong though, and would like some opinions on this, as you all know a lot more than I do! ha ha

And lastly I just wondered how I would be able to tell if the intercooler wasn't getting enough cooling air? as if this was the case I would remove the lights or try and find a way around it.

Sorry it is a bit of an essay ha ha but any info and opinion are greatly appreciated, good or bad!

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've already got fogs built into my headlights, but as I said its not the extra lights of the lights or anything its for looks, which I realise might sound a bit silly [:$]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts