Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
yeh i heard this when i was in the shower this morning. shocking isnt it and a shame for the family. again its one of those dogs i just can never trust.they tent to just flip as its in ther blood as they were bred to fight...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What annoys me yeah, about these dogs, is that the owners have to my mind, no good reason for owning them. Their hideously ugly, small, fat and just not pleasant animals - so why would you want one!? Or is that the appeal i wonder, the fact they are dangerous to the innocent public who might just be out walking, or indeed small children who have no defense at all against them.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
yes i can understand some people have a passion for them like my mother has a chow chow and it looks like a bear/wolf and also like a pot belly pig lol but i dont like the fact young kids have them to "LOOK HARD" i always feel they dont look after the dog right and i see them teasing them sometimes that makes them into a visous little git. but like i said some dogs have been bred for a certain reason like these for fighting , germon shepards for guard dogs ect. not a family pet

when i was born my parents had a boxer dog that got protective over me so everytime they went by me the dog would change and go nasty so for the best they got rid of me lol i mean the dog....

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
such a tragic waste of a little girls life! and for what? a well 'ard dog!!!!! i know it sounds harsh,but i think they destroy the lot of them!!!! time and time again we see it's certain dogs that kill innocent people! i know it's not the dogs fault, it's the way the idiotic owners of them treat, and bring them up that messes them up! but i feel we have no need for them in our society! these dogs are for ********! says it all really!!!!!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
im an animal lover and dont think they should destroy them but put the breeding of that dog to a bann....i understand what you mean and agree

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i'm an animal lover too mate, but this is going on way to often now!!!! irresponsible owners(delinquent chavs) are the root cause! you can never cater for thes idiots, unless you ban the dogs completely! and yes, as i said earlier, a little harsh, but i wouldn't want to lose a child to one of these things!!!! 

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I was taking my collie for a walk this morning and I came across this black pit bull. The owner had the dog on a lead and it seemed under control. However I get VERY nervous around these dogs as you never know when they might "flip".

Even though my dog is docile and kind natured I would never let young children around him without me being there.After all any dog can bite !

When I saw the report on NEWS 24 today I was saddened thought what a waste and such a tragic end to the little girls life.

There are people who use pit bulls as status symbols just like Nike trainers and Bling-Bling jewellery.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
There are people who use pit bulls as status symbols just like Nike trainers and Bling-Bling jewellery.
exactly!!!!!! these are the irresponsible chavs i'm on about! and clearly,the owner of the dog in this apalling incident today,had been warned by the council about his dog's behaviour!!!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Haven't seen these bunch on the tv nor read the article, but I just somehow doubt that this is a little girl from a middle class suburban family.

Sad, but it's time and time again, same sort of dogs, same sort of people involved.........? when will they learn?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I dont think there is such a thing as a bad dog, just a bad owner. Also Pitbulls have been banned in the UK since 1991. Thats the usual media pumping up the story to make it sound better. The dog should not have been with the child unsupervised in the first place. Dogs of any breed have an instinct, if the child had been crying, dogs can mistake this for an injured animal and can attack as they were scavengers prior to being domesticated. Or if she had frightened it/ hurt it it could attack it.

Very tragic thing to happen none the less, but the owners must always make sure that no dog is left unsupervised with kids.

Its amazing how most people find these dogs to be like 4 legged devils, where in fact most would love others such as the labrador. The lab has the highest reported bitings of humans in the UK

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Its amazing how most people find these dogs to be like 4 legged devils, where in fact most would love others such as the labrador. The lab has the highest reported bitings of humans in the UK
i didnt know that....i do now [:)]

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have two labridors and they are the softest creatuors ever its all in the way you bring them up!

I think all dog owners should be made to go to training classes with there 'pets' so that they learn from a young age.

I also think you should have children around young pets as they learn about each other and how to treat one another but always keep it supervised.

What a waste of a young life over a careless moment.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I dont think there is such a thing as a bad dog, just a bad owner. Also Pitbulls have been banned in the UK since 1991. Thats the usual media pumping up the story to make it sound better. The dog should not have been with the child unsupervised in the first place. Dogs of any breed have an instinct, if the child had been crying, dogs can mistake this for an injured animal and can attack as they were scavengers prior to being domesticated. Or if she had frightened it/ hurt it it could attack it.

Very tragic thing to happen none the less, but the owners must always make sure that no dog is left unsupervised with kids.

millions of labs out there, most with little kids hanging around their necks! An occasional "snap" and catching a human is bad enough, but I have not heard many reports of labs mauling a kiddie to death...................?

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I have one of these dogs and YES i full agree with the type of dog

ours is an english bull cross swiss mountin dog and even though he is a very carlm dog i still would not trust him on his own with a small child

not so much for the fact that i think he would do something like this but he is such a POWERFULL dog it would only take a sort of buggeroff snap and that could be a finger ir even a hand.

at the end of the day it is an animal that used to be a scavanger and due to the fact that some chavs treat them as fighting WELL ARD toys and it makes me sick!!!

i used to have a poster that had a pitbull on chain and the titel was "THE PROBLEM STARTS AT THE OTHER END OF THE LEAD" and that is a TRUE fact

when i lived in Germany we had to have a special "Dangerous dog" lisence for him and when one person was out walking with the dog they were not allowed to have another dog with them on a lead.

Posted Image

·
Registered
392 Posts
They are bred for fighting end of story, and awhen these dogs attack normally they finish what they have started, disgusting dogs, WTF does anyone want a dog that is bred for fighting, never understood that!!

Labradors highest bite rate??????? where did you get that from.??? I have never heard of a labrador mauling or ripping a face off a little girl!!!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts

I'm sorry but I really do disagree with this. I think its wrong for people to just blame the owners. Yes they are responsible for the dog etc and when you have a breed that is known to have such issues then you should be extra careful. But I deal with many dogs that are clearly unpleasant from the start. I see a number of Westies, Rotties, Collies and several other breeds that are aggressive even at their first vaccine before people have had a chance to do anything with them. There are quite a lot of unpleasant labs out there too and when they are nasty they're lethal - its perhaps worse because you don't expect it of them.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i disagree with what you are saying mate.look at all the facts from the last year!how many rotties,pit bulls etc,are responsible for deaths and dreadful injuries to humans!then look at labs,collies,and westies for example!i own a shar pei myself,and she would NEVER HURT ANYONE! why do you think that is?she's close to passing away now cos she's 10 years old,and i will really miss her! she has given me years of companionship when i have most needed them.she has never been a concern for my nephew who is within 6 months of the same age as her!but then i have always respected her!and funny thing is,when i've had my barn owls out,she has never once tried to attack them,or my peregrine!!!

1 - 20 of 141 Posts