Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Not three bad.

I'd like to see one in the flesh to see if it has the same presence and angles as a real one ie is it really low and wide enough to be convincing

If you tot up the parts, plus professional fitting to a good standard that will last, plus paint, plus the base car, you are heading towards 20k.

If it isnt convincing it isnt worth it in my opinion, so a good fitting job will be paramount, so it must be a good quality kit.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats actually quite a good replica look-alike! I wonder how well the fibreglass stands up to everyday abuse though!
pretty sure its not fiberglass..... the bodykit is made from something called GRP

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've seen it done on a 407 coupe before and when i was walking into work the other day i saw one of the mr2's that had been replicated into a f355 could tell by the engine note, but im sure most of the laides your trying to pull wouldn't know!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Its so true though! Most women dont have a clue! I used to have a pretty heftily modified polo... my mate had the exacty same model, but a basic 1.0 litre standard... could any of the girls tell the difference?! No!!!! Lol [:)] Most girls look at the badge, and thats it!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I saw one of the mr2's that had been replicated into a f355 could tell by the engine note, but im sure most of the laides your trying to pull wouldn't know!
The Toyota badge on the steering wheel of Wannabe J Trousersnakes 'Ferrari' might confuse the blondies tho [:p]

·
Registered
742 Posts
I saw one of the mr2's that had been replicated into a f355 could tell by the engine note, but im sure most of the laides your trying to pull wouldn't know!
The Toyota badge on the steering wheel of Wannabe J Trousersnakes 'Ferrari' might confuse the blondies tho [:p]
You could just say its a custom badge that stands for 'Trousersnake' [:p]

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Most girls look at the badge, and thats it!
better stick that Ferrari badge on the back of my golf then [:p]

the debaged grill might confuse them though hehe

·
Registered
918 Posts
That does look like a very good kit. Wouldn't have the Fezza badges on it though because it isn't one. But still a good peice of kit.

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Now i know why i keep seeing so many Ferrari's on the road at the moment!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Posted this about a year ago, the finish is extremely good. Highly convincing until you see the interior, shame is FWD!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts