Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another example of Police Hypocrisy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/6179632.stm

Not only was he speeding (he can be forgiven that), but he lied repeatedly about it. If you cannot trust the Police not to lie and cheat who can you trust. This is just another example of the corruption in our Police force and another reason for me to have no trust in the Police service.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Saw this in the Sun in sainsbury's today, its a frigging disgrace! And he even said to them that it was a sweet and sour experience ffs!

Why is he not done for perjury, as he was clearly lying?

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I might go to court and argue the case that when I was caught speeding, it was because I was responding to an urgent call from our local takeaway telling me to come pickup my food! And I was doing 72mph in a 60 because they wanted a rapid response to the phone call!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

There is about as much truth in my story as what is in that coppers story...<o:p></o:p>

Do you think I would get off if I said this? [:O]<o:p></o:p>

Rules for one and rules for another...<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Like has been said, One rule for them, once for us.

So the copper is getting a chinese, so he's let off. Me trying to avoid an accident, should have, by law, had the accident. I get fined for one, the other I don't.

Oh well. Hopefully this will just highlight the hatred for the speed cameras the public have. It's all good publicity for joe public.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
For me it is going to take more than a copper getting away with speeding to pick up a Chinese takeaway for me to loose faith in the Police service.. or the fact that he lied in court etc etc... at the end of the day we all want to get away with speeding if we are caught.. I would have no problems going to court and lying if I thought that it would help me keep my license or my job? Maybe he wanted to avoid loosing his job or getting disciplined.. clearly some busy body member of the public whitnessed it and probably reported it too...

and its not 'Police' Hypocrisy it's one officer.... who will hopefully be repremanded accordingly.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
For me it is going to take more than a copper getting away with speeding to pick up a Chinese takeaway for me to loose faith in the Police service.. or the fact that he lied in court etc etc... at the end of the day we all want to get away with speeding if we are caught.. I would have no problems going to court and lying if I thought that it would help me keep my license or my job? Maybe he wanted to avoid loosing his job or getting disciplined.. clearly some busy body member of the public whitnessed it and probably reported it too...

and its not 'Police' Hypocrisy it's one officer.... who will hopefully be repremanded accordingly.
That police officer is supposed to be a respected member of the police, yet he can break the law and get away with it, if you was to tell the courts you was speeding to get some food they would laugh in your face and you would not get off with it, why should she be any different just because she has a uniform and a badge?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
6,881 Posts

Sorry, but what a load of tosh.

If you were to get a speeding ticket picking up a chinese would you think 'oh well, I'm not a copper, I'll take the fine, the points and the increased insurance for the next 5 years'...but think at the same time 'ahh well, that was someone else, so hes ok to speed and lie'.

1. Why is he using the governments money, cars, fuel and getting a chinese on duty. I couldnt do that in my job.

2. He's a police officer, who clearly lies when the need arises to protect himself. So what else doe she feel he should lie under oath about? Remember, it;s your word against his if it ever comes down to it, and he's prepared to lie....

3. This is not an isolated incident. This happens day in day out.

4. Golfgirl on here, she got a speeding ticket in an ambulance....she had to pay the price....but then, shes not a copper. She also wasnt using the governments money and resources to go pick up a chinese.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I have plenty of examples of the police failing. It is not just this one man - it is the whole system that protected him, knowing he was lying. As far as I am conceened anyone caught lying in court should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. he would not have lost his job if he simply admitted to speeding, in fact he probably would have got off, it is the lying that is teh real crime here. If he is prepared to lie about this, then maybe he is lying when he fits you up for something you did not do. 100% trust is required in the police force for the system to work.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
This raises a question though. If I was to repsond to my new prize certificate NIP with my police officer number and a wage slip etc, reckon it would be dropped? I do.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Maybe he has been reading this book from this site http://www.globalguidebook.net/index.php?p=tickets and maybe the Cantonese takeaway idea is one of the ways to avoid a speeding ticket [^o)]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

If we speed and get caught, we get done for it, regardless of the situation, why should he be any different!<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
674 Posts
I wonder if he went for the Sweet and sour King Prawn, or the Hot Shredded Chilli beef?

Or maybe he had a set menu!

To many other things in the world to get het up about it graham mate! like the price of **** and booze in this country!

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Well that just winds me up a treat.............!!!!

SACK HIM........!!!!!

Lol winds me up too, but I think sacking maybe a little strong, although I do think he should be taken through the courts for blatantly lying.... or he should have to take the points and the fine just like we would all have to or any other driver outside our wonderful police force...<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I wonder if he went for the Sweet and sour King Prawn, or the Hot Shredded Chilli beef?

To many other things in the world to get het up about it graham mate! like the price of **** and booze in this country!
Sweet and sour king prawn sounds very nice at this moment in time! I am starving, but unlucky for me, my work won't let me take a short trip to my local takeaway!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
6,881 Posts

Don't get me started! I have a vein the size of an elephants ding dong popping out my head right now, the **** are whats keeping me going [:D]

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Sorry, but what a load of tosh.

If you were to get a speeding ticket picking up a chinese would you think 'oh well, I'm not a copper, I'll take the fine, the points and the increased insurance for the next 5 years'...but think at the same time 'ahh well, that was someone else, so hes ok to speed and lie'.

1. Why is he using the governments money, cars, fuel and getting a chinese on duty. I couldnt do that in my job.

2. He's a police officer, who clearly lies when the need arises to protect himself. So what else doe she feel he should lie under oath about? Remember, it;s your word against his if it ever comes down to it, and he's prepared to lie....

3. This is not an isolated incident. This happens day in day out.

4. Golfgirl on here, she got a speeding ticket in an ambulance....she had to pay the price....but then, shes not a copper. She also wasnt using the governments money and resources to go pick up a chinese.
If I was to get caught speeding, the first thing I would do is think of a way that I could get out of it, not think oh well im not a copper etc etc... I am not condoning the fact that he was speeding either, especially when he was off to pick up a chinese! We all speed, it is a fact of life... and as things get worse it is more a case "when" not "if" you get caught. One of my friends got done for doing 64mph in a 40 zone... however when they sent the information through they had put the wrong date on the form, he had an office full of witnesses to say that he was in the office at the time of the crime. So are you suggesting that he should have said actually guys you have made a mistake there and took points and fine? "Thems the breaks!"

You were looking for excuses after you got nicked for speeding... http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/738385.aspx ... you were already speeding, doing 80mph, why go faster to get past the erratic woman? why not slow down to put some distance between yourself and her? had you have not been going even faster to get passed her you still might have got done at 80 mph anyway.. who knows.!

1. How is nipping down to the shops in a police car any different to you sitting at your desk reading the forums all day?

2. You have to hope that if you ever find yourself in a situation where you are in trouble that you do not get a bent copper.

3. Where? These sorts of things are always sensationalised in the papers and on the news, etc etc..............

4. I dont know the circumstances to her getting nicked for speeding... did she have the blues and twos on etc, was it an emergency? ... I feel sorry for anyone who gets nicked whilst doing a job like driving an ambulance etc in an emergency..

Finally to all the Police haters... I ask you this would rather have a society without a Police force? and I would say that you are clearly not being realistic if you think that all people are law abiding, and positions of power and authority will always be abused by people who can. It is the way of the world, it is naive to think otherwise... or even to expect it.!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts