Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody that has a clifford fitted on their car have they found the alarm to be a bit quiet, I spoke to the people that fitted it and they say coz there is so much sound proofing under the bonnet????

Am I been spun a line here?? :(

·
Super Moderator
50,211 Posts
If the fitter is too lazy to find anywhere decent to mount it,yes that will happen.I fitted my Sigma siren behind the bumper and just underneath and behind the nearside headlight.A very simple job that only involves removing the rubstrip to drill a 6mm hole to bolt it to,and you'll need to jack it up to be able to get in there,but all things considered,probably not a lot more work than fitting it anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
yea mine is loud aswell just got my blackjax button replaced as it had lost its rubber button part and was unusable but all is sorted now

·
Registered
106 Posts
yea mine is loud aswell just got my blackjax button replaced as it had lost its rubber button part and was unusable but all is sorted now
Where is your blackjax button mate? I think I got this installed on mine, but dont seem to have a button for it.. I have the G5 Intelliguard 950 kit.

Cheers mate

·
Registered
106 Posts
I didnt know a blackjax button was needed. I think it works by itself dont it?

I definatley have blackjax. Just no idea about the button..

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
So how do you turn your alarm off if someone as to carjack you and drive down the road as the key fobs are disabled so as to stop theives from getting any further away, then you have to type a code in via the button so as to turn the alarm off

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
any clifford installation (at least G4 onwards) will have the two button valet code input

its needed by blackjax to disable the immobiliser and its needed to set the system up if you don't have cliffnet wizard (which is brilliant software)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the cliffnet Software and cable. But the bloody cable doesnt fit onto my laptop! The adaptor for the cable was no use either, both ends are the same.. Someone help me here!

·
Registered
106 Posts
the wizard cable ends in a serial connector. a lot of modern laptops don't have serial connections anymore
You just made me think! Thank you! I dug out my sisters old laptop and the cable fits! Cheers GreenBeast!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
no problem.

its a cracking bit of software for clifford owners

the latest software can be d/l on the clifford website, that is the user version

i acquired the installer version which has a bit more capability

1 - 17 of 17 Posts