Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My anniversary GTI wheels are fully corroded! i have it last weeks but its out of warranty VW want ?1500 for a new pair, has anyone got any replaced after the warranty has ended????

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
That stinks, VW took 3 years to get their act together on this issue, send a letter or give customer services a call.

Don't stand for that crap!

Edit: Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RESULT!!!!!! My Anni is in my driveway with some gleeming 18" Anni BBS's on!!! Lakeside VW in stoke-on-trent sorted me out!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hiya mate, where about in Stoke are you? Had my Anni 6 weeks now, and trying hard to make sure I clean and wax (poor boys) my wheels once a week to keep the corrosion at bay! I know one day it will probably happen, but I have 12 months waranty and I intend on extending the warranty to make sure I don't have to shed out for anything major.

Who did you deal with at Lakeside? Matt Holden there is the best guy to deal with. There are 3 service people at Lakeside, Matt sits in the middle of a guy and a woman on the desk behind. He's been excellent helping me find the cause of a dash rattle problem I am having. Makes so much difference when people actually want to help you rather than trying to screw you out of ??'s all the time.

I actually work in Crewe and used the LC Charles in Crewe when my passenger window dropped.....Never again....I couldn't park properly and was worried about my car getting dinged by the delivery vans all over the place, phoned in the morning and it took them 3 hours to return my call (said they were busy,ended up just going there myself and there was no customers in sight!), they argued about my warranty and every other garage I've been to wash and hoover your car, they didnt bother. Just wasn't happy with their service full stop. so tip of the day! forgett LC Charles in Crewe, use Lakeside VW in Stoke if you can.

Tom

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tom,

It was Matt who i dealt with and the womand behind was very helpful too, i was dead impressed with Lakeside and will recomend them to anyone! Im in Longton and have had me Anni all of 9 days, and managed to keep the missus out of it so far......sweet choice the PD150, what colour is yours?

Craig

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Well....if they are the original polished ones, don't expect them to stay corrosion free!

It will happen again, mine started going bad after 6 months!

In the end I had them replaced with the VW refurbs but I hated the finished so had them re-done in my own 'black chrome' finish.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mine is Reflex silver, Only had mine 6 weeks, Love the car but had a few problems with it from new...

First the passenger window dropped, then the coolant expansion sensor failed on me BEEEEP STOP Check service manual, every bl**dy morning, now I have a dash rattle thats got worse as its got colder outside. Thought it was the cup holder but that got taken out and changed and the rattle was no different. Matt at Lakeside has looked at it properly and it seems some numpty has snapped a piece off the alu trim on the dash (the side bits your suposed to slide out), and we think it's that causing the rattle and/or the plastic carrier. So it's all got to come out and be looked at properly. Just trying to get Listers in Worcester (where I bought the car from) to pay for it out of good will. The guy I bought the car from is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard! now he's got the sale, he's shown no enthausiasm or good aftersales service to get the problems fixed. His only comment was 'well you got the car for a very good price Mr Lane, and its a very rare and popular car' which I think is pathetic. At the end of the day, I bought the car for the agreed price, fair and square...they should be giving me the same customer service, no matter what you buy whether it be an R32, a Polo or a Toureg. So although I've not been happy at all, atleast Lakeside seem bothered and are going some way to restoring my confidence in VW! Just want everything fixed so that I can actually enjoy owning my new car!

Tom

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tom,

To be honest i aint had much luck either, i picked mine up from Arnold Clark in newcastle last friday, after driving about 300yards i noticed thick black smoke bellowing out of the back!! F&%K!! my power went too and i thaught it may have been the new cam belt they just put on, so it was there all weekend and it turnes out that it was the turbo pipe, now the exhaust bracket has snapped!! i know that they aint major problems but they're just annoying me! It gutted me to but from arnold clark but I'd been after an Anni for about 12 months so i bit the bullet. Lakeside were great though.

Craig

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Ahhh, You got the silver painted ones. I got landed with a set of those.

On one hand the finish will be like that forever and a day, so long as you keep them clean - on the other hand, they just ain't as good as the polished ones. If you like them, and lots do, great..

I'm having mine re-polished and clear powder coated next year.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Much like you mate, I have been waiting too, and apart from the dash rattle, the other problems were fixed quickly and I do really love the car. but I think my next purchase will be from Lakeside without a doubt...wondering if VW will release a new Anniversary or a GTi Tdi with the new 2.0tdi 170bhp engine (as whats in the new Passat 170bhp sport). Or maybe stick one of the 2.5tdi audi engines in a golf :)

Tom

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is true, the old finnish was awsome, these ones are duller but dont look like the inside of a kettle like my corroded ones did. if you dont mind me asking how much is it costing you to get yours done?

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I haven't had a quote yet, but I'm not really bothered how much it costs - it'll be worth it.

People have been paying in the region of ?50 per wheel to have them sprayed chrome or black chrome and the finish will last years..

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Sem,

just seen you wheels mate....AWSOME!!! did they do it while you waited?
No, it took them 3 days but I wasn't in any rush as James (Reflex TDI on here) loaned me a set of alloys while mine were in for refurb.

They do however offer a 'while you wait' service (they need the car for a whole day) but I guess it will be expensive.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts