Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my Anniversary rear valance and Milltek single pipe exhaust fitted yesterday at Awesome GTI which replace a V6 rear valance and twin Milltek exhaust.

Before

Posted Image

Better?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks very nice, - a before pic would have been good to compare to though.

How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking? Did Awesome provide and spray the anni valance?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before pic now included.

I sourced the valance through a friend for a very good price (?206) , a one off im afraid.

I had the valance sprayed by a company local to me before taking it to Awesome for fitting with the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I think it looks better. Now I reckon you should fit the anni sideskirts and front valance to complete look.

"Limited Edition 5dr anniversary!"

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may be one of the only ones to say this but I dont like the look of the Anni skirts - they look too plain.

I much prefer the Oettinger skirts but I may change the front in time for either an R32 front bumper or Anni valance.

I certainly like your thinking though [:D]

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Definitely an improvement Gary [^] Your car looks better every time I see a new pic, can't wait to see it in the flesh at the NW meet

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: posted by Giddy on 09/01/2005 18:00:37

Gary did you have to 'shave' anything off the exhaust to get it to fit flush?

No, it sat absolutly perfect.

Andy at Awesome commented on how good a fit it was.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Milltek looks huge, you sure you just didn't fit a baked bean tin under there Gary?.....only kidding!

Looks superb, big improvement IMO. You just needed to bin that Oettinger front now [:p]

·
Registered
658 Posts
I reckon you made a good choice Gary. Look s more purposeful and beefy now. How does it sound compared to the twin outlet box?

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Funnily enough my "baked bean tin" (Cheers Sem [:D]) sounds deeper and throatier than the previous twin milltek, could just be because its new though.

I dont think the Oettinger front will be being binned for a while yet!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
When my milltek is hot is sits about another inch out so it doesn't sit flush. Is that the position of the exhaust when hot or cold?

·
Registered
658 Posts
You'll probably find it actually gets louder with a bit of use, all the aftermarket exhausts I have had have got slightly louder with age as they 'Coke' up a bit!!

My friends Sebring on his A3 sounds amazing after 100'000 miles use [:O]

1 - 20 of 48 Posts