Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my eye closely on anni prices for a couple of months now - is it me or are they dropping quite rapidly?

2 months ago u would struggle to get one for under 15k but recently they seem to be around 13k with some going for 12k!!

I dont know if this is just co-incidence that there were just expensive ones around when i first started looking or what - in theory though no-one is gonna spend 15k on a 2 year old, older shape car when they can get a brand new gti for 20k surely?

I might wait another few months before i get one and see what happens to anni tdi prices when they bring out the diesel version of the gti (170bhp isnt it?)

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

:)

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Quote: posted by annidal72 on 16/12/2004 06:56:04

Your right!They do seem to be dropping,Gutted i bought mine in May[:(]

Me too. I paid top money but got a very nice example (thanx ChrisB![:D][B)]). Hey, we've owned them since May, what the hell. It's like if you buy a computer now you get super spec, if you wait a year you get double the spec for the same price - do you want a computer now or in a year's time?

·
Banned
774 Posts
They have deffo dropped. I was looking for a PD150, didn't even really know what an anniversary model was and ended up paying 13.5K for a really low mileage example from a main dealer. The same as a normal PD150 I thought.

Bargain for the extra kit you get with the anniversary.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
They will drop because of the new mk5 GTi but I believe the prices will stabilise and the drop will slow down. After all the 25th anni edition isn't a standard car and is likely to hold it's value over the long term fairly well. The 20th hasn't done too bad.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Quote: posted by sammyboy on 16/12/2004 07:35:24

They have deffo dropped. I was looking for a PD150, didn't even really know what an anniversary model was and ended up paying 13.5K for a really low mileage example from a main dealer. The same as a normal PD150 I thought.

Bargain for the extra kit you get with the anniversary.

Have a look here it tells you how to get your number from VW

http://www.cs-media.co.uk/~james/vw/updates.htm#

[;)]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote: posted by Reflex TDI on 16/12/2004 07:04:05

Me too. I paid top money but got a very nice example (thanx ChrisB![:D][B)]). Hey, we've owned them since May, what the hell. It's like if you buy a computer now you get super spec, if you wait a year you get double the spec for the same price - do you want a computer now or in a year's time?

How much did u pay for yours if u dont mind me asking?

All the cheaper ones seem to have high mileage which is to be expected really - i saw one go for 11.5k last week but it had over 60k miles on it so it wouldnt be under guarantee any more...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Quote: posted by DJXL on 16/12/2004 09:52:41

How much did u pay for yours if u dont mind me asking?

16K[:O]Was low milage(12000)& nice condition exept alloys but got new ones under warranty.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I paid slightly more ?16,500 IIRC for July 02 16k with new alloys and a high-spec MTX ICE install, Dynamat the lot. Plus I knew the car had been cared for.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by NikB on 16/12/2004 08:13:59

They will drop because of the new mk5 GTi but I believe the prices will stabilise and the drop will slow down. After all the 25th anni edition isn't a standard car and is likely to hold it's value over the long term fairly well. The 20th hasn't done too bad.

Do you think the petrol may be a sought after model a few years down the line (i.e. enroute to 'classic car' status)? For all i love the soot, i don't see the diesel anni's doing the same...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
house prices are dropping/levelling,they went up too much in the first place.car prices will follow but,it is christmas ,and now is a good time to buy a car.[^]

·
Registered
565 Posts
Quote: posted by NikB on 17/12/2004 19:51:28

Looks mint that car but there's no way they'll get anywhere near that for it.

Indeed. BTW, how much were they new?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts