Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
AFAIK it is different from the std 1.8T suspension, where the detail is though I'm not sure. Some think that the Anni suspension is the same as the Factory fit sports suspension (NOT dealer fit i.e. it has to be on your build sticker) others disagree and say the Anni has unique springs and shocks.

All I know is that mine now rides and handles far better than it used to!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Prices (+VAT) for Anni 150PD were as follows:-

?70 each - front dampers

?40ish each - rear dampers (they couldn't find/match part No in Richard W's post)

?50 each - front springs

?46 each - rear springs

I didn't bother getting prices for the Anti Roll Bars when they rattled-off these figures!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
That's expensive for the springs! The shocks are cheaper than Konis, my opinion would be go for the Konis if you can afford the extra and get some Eibach springs to go with them (the Anni springs are Eibachs anyway). The aftermarket stuff will always have that little extra over the OEM stuff. I did the Anni mod 'cos it was the most cost effective suspension upgrade for me at the time....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think thats pretty expensive! for another ?50-100 you could buy some good coilovers! then you can fiddle around with your own ride height till your hearts content!

why bother with Anni suspension? or is there something here im missing?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote: posted by Tim B on 10/11/2004 17:53:14

....snip...why bother with Anni suspension? or is there something here im missing?

Yes...

Quote: posted by Richard W on 02/11/2004 08:51:39

...snip...I did the Anni mod 'cos it was the most cost effective suspension upgrade for me at the time....

It won't make the ultimate handling Golf, what it does do is tighten up the car and improve the handling to what it should've been from the factory.

Don't forget, I've bought and fitted mine for less than the cost of some std TDi shocks.....

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I've got Sachs shocks (OE) on my Passat and i am pretty impressed with their compliance and the cars handling for a stock set-up.

Anni suspension is really for those on a budget, who can obtain the parts second hand and therefore just pay for fitting costs. I would assume it would be quite an improvement for non-sport MKIV's.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I bought mine from another forum member off a low mileage Anni 150PD for a number of reasons, I simply don't have the budget to fit aftermarket stuff and then pay the extra on the insurance too. Also my car has to do many different jobs including working(officialing) on rallys (gravel and tarmac), being a sensible family car and hacking from Berkshire to Cheshire and back every week so anything low or stiff is simply undriveable.

All down to horses for courses;-)!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts