Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally, someone took pity and got me these as a gift!!!!!!...100% genuine VW anniversary headlights!

not the best pic by a long way...but it does show the difference!!!

Posted Image

i'll take better/proper pics once my front end is complete.......

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Anni headlamp looks awesome mate! Lovin the pink cushion too!

Could do with a clean up tbh and when are you gonna post a pic of it
with my bumper & fogs on, I want to make sure they've gone to a
good home!

Otherwise..........[H]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
finally, someone took pity and got me these as a gift!!!!!!...100% genuine VW anniversary headlights!
Wow, nice gift! They really do look so different next to the standard ones don't they?

when are you gonna post a pic of it
with my bumper & fogs on
What did you do Wayne? Either getting rid of the car [:^)] or a new bumper! [:D]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Could do with a clean up tbh and when are you gonna post a pic of it with my bumper & fogs on, I want to make sure they've gone to a good home!

Otherwise..........[H]
i was trying to keep that mildly a secret! lol....and anyway mate, you've seen the bumper on my car.....

pink the cushion maybe...but i'm not the one wearing lippy in a mag feature [;)]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Wow, nice gift! They really do look so different next to the standard ones don't they?
Ditto that mate...... you can really see the difference, they look very good.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ditto that mate...... you can really see the difference, they look very good.
thats the nature of the picture actually, so the difference can be seen.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Could do with a clean up tbh and when are you gonna post a pic of it with my bumper & fogs on, I want to make sure they've gone to a good home!

Otherwise..........[H]
i was trying to keep that mildly a secret! lol....and anyway mate, you've seen the bumper on my car.....
Essex Escy... you should be OK with the Hella fogs mounted in the bumper at this time of year, but be careful when the tempature starts to increase..... as you know, these fogs block the intercooler feed. Have you modded the the light fixture to allow more air in?

On the V6 like Wayne has these will cause no problems, but I have heard many times not to put these on 1.8T cars. I think even Hella tell you not to put them on 1.8T's.

REVO 1.8T + Unproductive Intercooler = Turbo Limp Mode.... sorry to say it mate, I'm not trying to be negative, but be careful in the spring / summer time [:$]

·
Registered
527 Posts
i think thats a fantastic mod, i should be getting mine delivered maybe later today or def wednesday. cant wait to get them on!! looking at urs, now i know i made the right choice to buy them!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Otherwise..........[H]
Essex Escy... you should be OK with the Hella fogs mounted in the bumper at this time of year, but be careful when the tempature starts to increase..... as you know, these fogs block the intercooler feed. Have you modded the the light fixture to allow more air in?

On the V6 like Wayne has these will cause no problems, but I have heard many times not to put these on 1.8T cars. I think even Hella tell you not to put them on 1.8T's.

REVO 1.8T + Unproductive Intercooler = Turbo Limp Mode.... sorry to say it mate, I'm not trying to be negative, but be careful in the spring / summer time [:$]
thanks for the advice dude.....i had thought of that, but didnt know how how right i was if that makes sense......to be honest, i'm not fussed if i have to take them out in the middle of the year, as its the winter that they are more "useful".....they are so incompatible with the 1.8T that i've had to do modification o them to make them fit, as the rear of the lamp has a cap on it for the electrics, and that juts out and hits something on the right of the drivers side vent....so i needed to make it fit the other way round......i've got the fogs in the anni lights unplugged, but i could rewire them easily if needed.

am i safe to say then that i could be the only 1.8T with the lower hella fogs??

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
......i've got the fogs in the anni lights unplugged, but i could rewire them easily if needed.
I think that would be your best option - after all why spend ?00s on Revo and then block the air flow to the intercooler? Spend the money on a TT vent mod instead.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts