Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im after some new headlights for my mk4 golf

im looking at getting the twin angel eyes (4 rings)

want them in black

where is the cheapest place to buy them, they need to be E marked and useable in england

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by stuart86 on 06/03/2005 23:45:51

im after some new headlights for my mk4 golf

im looking at getting the twin angel eyes (4 rings)

want them in black

where is the cheapest place to buy them, they need to be E marked and useable in england

IMO wait for Baker21 to get us his extra special prices on the genuineHellaones coming very soon. should be under or about ?200, and nothing will be better for quality.[:D]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by stuart86 on 07/03/2005 00:22:48

cool

when and where is this happening

im intrested[^]

He is gonna find out asap, planned release to UK market for RHD ones is end of this month keep eyes peeled on the forum!!! [:D]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by GreenBeast on 07/03/2005 13:16:30

i expect baker21 will setup a GB as soon as is humanly possible

LOL - agreed... he seemed to like the reference I made to him 'rubbing his hands like mr burns' in the 'funky ne lights' thread![:D][:eek:)][:D]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
yeah...thats what he'll be doing

i can't wait. although i'm not gonna sign up straight away...i need to decide between the hella ones and the Fk ones

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote: posted by GreenBeast on 07/03/2005 14:10:28

i can't wait. although i'm not gonna sign up straight away...i need to decide between the hella ones and the Fk ones

whats the difference between them?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by stuart86 on 07/03/2005 18:21:42

Quote: posted by GreenBeast on 07/03/2005 14:10:28

whats the difference between them?

No question as far as i'm concerned... look at these in smoked and silver:

http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaCOM/WebSite/Channels/Drivers/Vehicle_specific_Products/VW_Golf_IV/CELIS-Upgrade/CELIS-Upgrade.jsp

and if your after the Mk5 look:

http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaCOM/WebSite/Channels/Drivers/Vehicle_specific_Products/VW_Golf_IV/Upgrade/Upgrade.jsp

again in smoked and clear look.

Quality and style is soooo much higher than the alternatives IMHO [:D] And couple that with the EXCELLENT price Simon will do.... [:D]

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have the fk version fitted to my golf at the mo,i was going to change to the hella one's when avaliable but so happy with the fk's i may just keep them.

Fk's....

Posted Image

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
those fk ones look good

but at the end of the day i will just go with the ones in the group buy lol

being a student i need to keep costs low[:eek:)]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Cheap prices? Group Buy? Who's doing that then? Oh that would be me then?!?!

Still waiting for confirmation but as soon as I know you guys will know!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
the hella ones look very smooth. if you get what i mean

only problem with them that i can see is that the rings aren't complete...there is a small section at the bottom which isn't lit.

one thing i really wanna know (which i know i've bugged a few people about already) is whether the fog and indicator units are the same replacment parts as the OEM ones. this goes for the FK and the Hella

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hella patented the Celis Rings for production vehicles on the BMW's, the reason for them not being closed was due to BMW's request.

The trouble with these 'so called' 'Celis' rings is that they are not made to the maximum of their optical potential and usually illuminated by W5W bulbs as opposed to LED's.

As you can see on Glen1.8T's picture the ring is orange and not white meaning that it is illuminated by a W5W as opposed to an LED.

Hella's Celis rings may not be complete but I can guarantee that they will be brighter and last longer than any other competitors.

·
Registered
287 Posts
But you can change the bulbs on the FK ones for Leds should you wish....

I do like the way hella have the indicator on the non angel eye lights though... looks v funky!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Baker21 on 08/03/2005 08:35:12

Hella patented the Celis Rings for production vehicles on the BMW's, the reason for them not being closed was due to BMW's request.

The trouble with these 'so called' 'Celis' rings is that they are not made to the maximum of their optical potential and usually illuminated by W5W bulbs as opposed to LED's.

As you can see on Glen1.8T's picture the ring is orange and not white meaning that it is illuminated by a W5W as opposed to an LED.

Hella's Celis rings may not be complete but I can guarantee that they will be brighter and last longer than any other competitors.

BMW p*ss me off so much... they make a lot of demands, and this is reflected throughout their departments... I find the slaes people snobby and rude... and god forbid you shouls get any parts from them unless you own the exact model of car you want the parts for.[V]

Anybody would think you were buying a lambo or ferrari or something!!!

Back on subject, tis a shame the ring isn't complete (bcos of BMW[V]) but IMO they still look nicer thab the rivals... and that brilliant white is awesome.[:D]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts