Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Has anyone tried these angel eye lights that are on ebay for the BMW style look ? The design looks great but are they as good in the flesh ? Do they fit well ? What happens when a bulb goes is it easy to get a replacement ?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Bazrazmataz on 13/01/2005 23:04:57

Hi

Has anyone tried these angel eye lights that are on ebay for the BMW style look ? The design looks great but are they as good in the flesh ? Do they fit well ? What happens when a bulb goes is it easy to get a replacement ?

Id save ya cash and wait for the genuine Hella smoked angel-eye lamps coming in march buddy!! [:D] Baker21 is gonna make a killing with us all!![:D]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Bazrazmataz,

The Hella products are AWESOME in the flesh but I am biased. The bulbs that illuminate the rings are LED's and therefore the live of them is 'huge', which means you'll never need to change them.

As for smoked and clear, I believe that they are making both.

Watch this forum for further information around March!!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by borabandit on 14/01/2005 20:49:05

yeh but what about the bora owners again[:(]

We just keep rubbin it in dont we bud.... come on fellas group hug for the borabandit..[:I][:D][;)]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
No Bora ones...Hella won't be doing them cos future of Jetta IV is uncertain...and FK can't be chewed to make them...MAY be getting something in 6 weeks...i won't be holding my breath...

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by Cat1.4 on 15/01/2005 03:42:35

Apparently not... there's a GB on for them atm

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46528

And potentially a do-it-yourself

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49020

Cat as far as I knew you could always get them for the bora the only issue is that I wouldnt even consider anything but the Hella's. They are veeeeeeeeery different, quality level far higher, and it is hella that are not going to make a bora angel eye.[:(] I'm just glad I am a golf boy, so I can have them!!![:I][^]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Yes, but angel eyes should be available - unless, Geordie, you've found out something since about FK not doing them?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Guys,

I don't think that Hella will ever do any headlamps for the Bora because there are never enough Bora's sold and enough demand for the Angel Eye product on the Bora to justify investment cost in making a lamp from scratch? The Golf will always have demand and there are plenty of them around to justify the investment costs.

There are so many smaller companys nowadays making lamps for every vehicle on the market but like Evilhomer said the quality is so poor and you may as well put a candle in the headlamp and it would give you a better beam pattern.

I am not just saying this because I work for Hella, it's just fact.

The problem I have is that there is no way a Celis Ring ((Angel Eye), that is round), is going to look good in a square headlamp like the Bora?

I believe that the Angel Eyes are only for BMW's!! You want proper Angel Eyes, then buy a BMW!!

Having said that I am happy to sell these MK4 Angel Eye lamps, ofcourse!!! LOL!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
i bought angel eyes from carisma in worcester and they look sik but the only problem is that they are for a lhd vehicle and the ilumination is poor. i have tried to get it corrected but it just isnt happening. there is only one halo ring 2. has anyone got any prices on the hella angel eyes

1 - 20 of 27 Posts