Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

Hi iv bought these lights off ebay for my golf gttdi 110 99s reg how do i fit them and does anybody know how they wire up this is the sellers photo of them if this has worked lol i will get a better picture when i recieve them but im really unsure what i have to do to take the old ones out and fit these so please can anyone give me some pointers thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
Changing the headlights is quite an easy job......

1. remove the front bumper....there only a hand full of screws holding it on. Ten mins tops

2. take out the 4 screws around headlight and unclip the wiring at the back and the headlight will come out.

3. Pop in new light and screw and plug wiring back in.

4. You need to wire the angel eyes to the battery

5. Test and hope all the angel eyes are working if not you may need new tiny little bulbs

Check www.pocketrocket.ca for how to

Good luck

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi right got the lights today back of the lights are normal plug and play apart from some extra wires which i guess are the angel eyes wiring there is a black wire coming out of the plastic cable covering which i assume is the earth and then a red wire which comes out of the back of the one headlamp to a fuse carrier and out of the fuse carrier again just a flying lead with a broken crimp on the end but on the other light there is the same plugs on the back the one plug from the other light connects into this headlight but the other connector with the red cable is not connected to anything do i need to join the red cable up to the other red cable or does the red cable need to go via the battery

also can i fit a HID coversion kit to these angel eyes

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi here is some more photos just need to know where the wires go really and if i need to come direct from the battery to the in line fuse but then id still have one connector with no cable but if i connected the red from the inline fuse where would i get the feed from the battery if i need one here is the pics

the yello wire with the connector on is the live i think the plug with the red wire goes from the yellow to the relay then out to the inline fuse out to a broken crimped end
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

this is the connector on the right headlight same as left but i have nothing to connect into this one only the cable coming out from the inline fuse which i thought has to go to the battery if it does go to the battery how do i connect this plug into the circuit as the inline fuse has no spare connections
Posted Image

Posted Image

this is what im left with the flying lead is the one from the fuse holder other side goes into the relay then to the other light to the yellow cable via the connector
Posted Image

here you can see one light complete the other with the connector on the light (yellow cable) and the red cable from the fuse holder and the black which i guess is the earth
Posted Image

sorry for the long winded approach but im not very clued up when it comes to cars lol

·
Registered
555 Posts
who did you win those lights off if you dont mind me asking???

i won a set 2 weeks ago but ive been had off by the seller

so disappointed

·
Registered
674 Posts
Right....they look just like my black FK's....which hopefully we fit this weekend

I'm not 100% (not a wiz with electrics) but 99% sure all connections to the lights look right so you just wire up the red and black to the car battery....not sure which way round though.

Good luck

·
Registered
674 Posts
Spare plug?....you mean the one extra coming out the back off one of the headlights. Mine as one extra too don't worry about it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hi guys iv done it i fitted them in this morning they look great thanks to wilkie found out that the spare connector is if i wanted to wire from the other light you have a choice of which side you plug the live wire into il post some pictures this evening they look great though thanks for all your help

Chris

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[:D]hi all iv got some pictures what do you think iv only found 1 problem im getting condensation in both headlights[:'(] does that mean i need to split them open and reseal them or is there an easy option anyway here is the pics
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
674 Posts
Looking good....I had my black FK's on last weekend to find some off the bulbs had gone. Still sourcing new ones. Hopefully will be back on soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a problem with my Fk angel eyes. My angel eyes bulbs have burned out. What can I do? With what should I replace them? Leds? I understand that is a common problem with halou ring bulbs burn out. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Vlad.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hi dont know how to change them but iv noticed one of the LEDs has come out of position on mine and i think i might have a go at putting it back tomorrow so il let you know how i get on but im still getting condensation damn foggy lights lol there alot brighter than the stock ones but i think i need them adjusting as im lighting up the roofs on the houses by me at the moment on setting 3 lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well not yet but i had a look today at fitting back the one i noticed had come out but i cant get to it so its bumper off light out time again thats the only way to get to them or change them

·
Registered
696 Posts
Does anyone know where i can get some black FK angels eyes headlights from...?

And hwo much are they likly to set me back...im not sure if it is the black one im after but im having a r32 conversion done on my black 1.8T

Which ones would you guys go for as i plan to have a xenon conversion done on them which i someone doing but im not sure if his are the best so how do i no when im getting a decent xenon conversion done?

Im Lost at the minute lol

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Regarding the condensation in the lights, you need to leave them overnight in a warm house, preferably near a radiator (not too close though), with the rear cover open. The moisure will evapourate.

The problem with lights is the moisture has no where to go when they're sealed. Condensation will naturally go to the colder surface (the front) as the lights are on.

Once they're dry, fit them as quickly as you can, preferable not in the morning when the air has alot of moisture in it anyway!

1 - 20 of 142 Posts