Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i had a couple of teething troubles trying to get them to work at first but they're up and running now... At last! [:D]

Apologies if the pictures don't seem clear enough, but my digicam doesn't seem to like taking photos in the dark, even with night mode on!

Let me know what you think anyway! [:p]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
they look nice mate! Pics are not that bad! Your car's coming along nicely at the moment [:D]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good mate the fifth pic looks the best imo, how much did it cost?? was it an easy diy??

Sonny
It wasn't a DIY job Sonny, they're the Angel Eyes from a group buy a few months ago, but only just got round to fitting them now. They're actually just plug and play units, however when you get them the LED's that come with them are yellow like the BM's but i changed them for white bulbs which give this somewhat more distinctive look! [:D]

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Ye i never meant did you modify the original lamp i meant was it easy to fit them yourself. as you said they're plug and play units. so how much do they cost because im looking for some in the future when i have some more money saved up. lol.

Sonny

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ye i never meant did you modify the original lamp i meant was it easy to fit them yourself. as you said they're plug and play units. so how much do they cost because im looking for some in the future when i have some more money saved up. lol.

Sonny
Sorry Sonny, a bit of a misunderstanding on my part there i think, i thought you meant did i crack them open and modify them myself? (oops!) [:$]

When i bought them in the group buy they were ?150 + ?10 P+P and available in either chrome (like mine) or a black backed version and i have to say they are the dogs!! [H]

You may also want to get some of the bulbs i used to give the same purple/white effect to them as opposed to the standard yellow ones they come with!

Oh, and you will need TWO pairs of H7 bulbs instead of just one for these Angel Eyes!

Here is the link to the LED bulbs you will need. There are 10 in a set so you will need to buy 2 sets!

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=642&osCsid=98780a84f814dedacd3c26c0c1516922

If you use the bulbs they come with they'll look like this! [:(]

Posted Image

But if you get the ones i have it'll look like this! [H]

Posted Image

So PM Rich (R1GTI) and see if he can hook you up with a set! [;)] You'll love 'em! [:D][H]

·
Registered
487 Posts
Holy sheesh kebabs! those look mean! what is it like driving at night with those compared to the standard ones? how much light do they give out though? cant be as much as the standard lights?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Holy sheesh kebabs! those look mean! what is it like driving at night with those compared to the standard ones? how much light do they give out though? cant be as much as the standard lights?
They are equivalent to sidelights

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Wow they look great!! I was going to hang about till the hella ones come out butt feel the need to get some of those and change the bulbs.![:)]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
they look good mate. i did the same with my angel eyes and changed the LED's in them to the whiter ones. Pain in the ass wasnt it?!! Be carefull though, as i found that after changing the leds that they kept popping out of their sockets ALL the time. I got that fed up with takeing my bumper off everytime to plug them back in that ive changed my angel eyes for OEM Anni lights.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for asking to use my pics by the way!! No problem at all!! :)

They do look good once they are done, but I have spent 4 monthstrying
to sort the light ourput out as it's total crap out of the box. Wait
and get the hella ones or as I have mentioned somewhere else today buy
mine off me and I'll have the hella ones!!!!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for asking to use my pics by the way!! No problem at all!! :)
Sorry Paul, i just wanted to get the topic posted and i was in a bit of a rush to do it before i went out. My apologies again, i'll ask next time!! [:$][;)]

But to be honest guys, i haven't experienced ANY problems with the beam angle, amount of light output, LED's popping out or anything as yet (touch wood!) They've been fantastic! [:p]

I spend most of the time with just the sidelights on and i can still see where i'm going, and even with the full beam on i haven't had anyone flash me yet so the angle must be fine!! [H]

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have had a few little niggles with mine, as firstly I didn't buy
enough H7 bulbs, secondly I didn't switch the lever adjustment to RHD,
and thirdly, I drove around with the beam pointing too high and then
too low until I managed to find the time to pop down the local garage
and get them lined up properly.

They have been fine ever since though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have these in black but with the standard bulbs in the angel rings but im going to change them for sure,when i first fitted mine the beam was too high,but after about 20 mins facing the fence at the end of my drive they are ok,even passed the mot,and the beam patten is good[:)]

·
Registered
107 Posts
there are 6 leds in each large ring section and 4 in each smaller ring section. So you need 20 leds.
Have you got the FK Angel Eyes? From what I remember from looking
at the lights when installing them, I'm fairly sure there was only one
light source per ring???

1 - 20 of 40 Posts