Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Bora Addict
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Haven't been on the forum in a while as I sold my last Bora a couple of years ago. I started with a 1.6 Bora and moved to a 1.8t Highline.

I enjoyed that car very much but had to get rid as it was getting on a bit and costing me too much money with the miles I do. My daily driver is now a Volvo diesel with a 'hearing-aid brown' interior. :wub:

I was browing classifieds as you do and came across a Bora with great spec. It's a Japanese import so it has the chrome strips on the trim like the US spec GLIs, Recaro leather interior, Xenons and a sunroof. Oh, and it's the V6 4Motion :D Most of you will know that's a pretty rare combo.. It's only got 64,000 miles and should be pretty clean as it's only recently come over, not even got reg plates yet.

Wasn't looking at buying a second car until some time next year, but I couldn't pass this up so deposit has been paid and I'll be collecting it once it's all registered.

HKnfjzT.jpg

wxn7q0Y.jpg

ErBflZK.jpg

sGcCfhP.jpg

j5rn4ds.jpg

·
Bora Addict
1,207 Posts
Very nice, sorry to be a boring git but please don't turn it into a scene / chav wagon, would be a pity to ruin it. The only mod I'd probably do to it to start with would be to fit the OEM rear parking sensors / valance.
Will be staying mostly stock, although I would like some GLI valances if I can get them.

·
PD297
1,299 Posts
Are you not going to get hit hard on insurance? I used to own a few turbocharged jap imports, and being an import at the time you could only deal with a limited number of insurers. Perhaps that situation has improved now?

·
Bora Addict
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definately wheels, joey mod and no wind deflectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Something has got to be done about the wheels, wind deflectors are going but I'm not touching the headlights. Also must remove those front tints, don't fancy a ticket.

Are you not going to get hit hard on insurance? I used to own a few turbocharged jap imports, and being an import at the time you could only deal with a limited number of insurers. Perhaps that situation has improved now?
Insurance isn't too bad. This isn't going to be my main car so it will stay on a limited millage policy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow, great find!

Keep it clean - the same i did with my vr6 golf - besides from replacing the steering wheel with a perforated leather one, and the forest inside with bora netzeffekt trim - i did nothing to it.

Oh, and i have a nice oem-ish looking android satnav, which i'm planning to install during the holidays.

·
Bora Addict
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I haven't had a chance to get any pictures in the daylight yet, but first impressions are good.

The car has obviously been taken care of. Very good condition, a couple of small jobs that need doing but nothing major.

The drivers door module has failed which is pretty common, however I didn't realise that until I managed to lock all the keys inside of it (I know, I'm an idiot). Car is now sans a door lock but I have a delock kit on its way. FYI, if you haven't delocked your car yet do it now. I had no idea what I was doing but managed to unlock this thing in 30 seconds.

Car actually has coilovers, didn't know until I collected it. Was a bit worried because most cars I've had with coilovers ride like crap, but these are Bilstein ones and it rides great. Nice and flat through the corners but still comfy.

Some nice Japanese oddities such as the Recaros being electrically adjustable (both sides). Pretty sure we didn't get that here. The Gamma headunit also plays Minidiscs instead of tapes.

FYI, PM me if anybody is selling a set of GLI rears.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Id say its your car do what you want hate the purists who try telling people what to do with their cars after they have modified their own. It looks nice btw

·
Registered
16 Posts
Proper nice looking bora mate, would love to have them seats, been looking around and cant see any like them, wonder how hard it would be to put them in a uk spec :Y:

·
99 Ronnie
2,793 Posts
That would be a no. You are correct Ryan, electric "motorised" Recaro seats are very rare in the UK and some people have resorted to building them using a combination of original Golf leather Recaros and motorised leathers from a Seat.

Even with electronic adjustment ?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts