Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, most of you will have probably switched off by now to my boring posts (and I don't blame you!), but for those of you who are still reading, I visited the dealer to view the CW GTi today that they have just got into stock (the one I mention in the other post).
Whilst I was there a guy came in and enquired about selling his '06 R32, for which I couldn't help but earwig on how much they offered him! They did the deal pretty much there and then for his R32, and I made a cheeky request to the salesman that I would offer £500 over what they gave for the R32, and they agreed in principle due to it being the end of the month with sales targets to meet!! [:eek:]
So I now have a BIG dilema! A £19k candy white golf (interlagos, monza II's, highline, armrest, 6CD), or a £20,750(yes you read that price right!) Deep blue pearl R32(leather and winter pack).
What would you do!!!!????!!!
[:s]

·
Registered
34 Posts
£1750 extra for an 06 R32?

You'd be silly not too assuming the extra isnt too difficult to come up with.

Its got the leather and alot more spec over the golf, plus come sale time you will end up better off than the difference now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What would you do!!!!????!!!
[:s]
From browsing your posts it seems that you have had your heart set on a candy white GTI with 18's and a few extras (I wanted one of these as well) so just because the R32 is available at a bargain price (which is definitely is) it doesn't mean you need to get it.

Bargain price or not, you really want a CW GTI and this a DBP R32.

Mike.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Depends what you want Kev personally i would still take the GTI even though the R32 is quicker off the mark thats about it (not offence intended) tbh as you probably know the GTI's are holding their value i had a run in with one not so long ago and once his 'off the line' traction was gone there was nothing in it, depends though the 4wd is nice when its its pissing down but TBH the GTI does handle very well and if you go and see Mr Khan or other animals it will be quicker in a straight line

Put it this way i followed a 3.2 TT and a 225 at the last LEEK meet in the pouring rain and TBH there was nothing in it

But i have to say the R32 sounded the nuts almost had a 5 cyl sound about it [:D]

Tough choice[:^)]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.