Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

And The Countdown...has Finished

2K views 115 replies 26 participants last post by  Timepillow 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

#15 ·
Good stuff Damian - mine is in the system at last, but still at processing stage. Estimate is mid March arrival.

Ps - not sure if you've seen this - just to wet your appetite until next year.

#21 ·
[quote user="damianmkv"]

I did look at the a3 SB184PS but when I species it like for like, it was around £3-4000 more than the Golf. That was about £60 per month in tax so I said no.

[/quote]

Sweet ride when it arrives. Choice colour, but of course, I'm biased :)

That's exactly what I found when speccing A3 like-for-like with my Mk7 GT. Came out approx. £3,400 extra for the Audi. Giant markups for the same VAG parts & options.

#23 ·
My local dealer refused to budge much above 5 - 6%, so I just walked. It didn't help that the salesman was trying to dissuade me from some of the options (xenons, adaptive chassis - why did that bug him? it's my money). Another dealer (same franchise) about 40 miles away gave me an 11% discount and higher trade-in on my Mk6 and was more than happy to accommodate every desired option, no quibble.

I don't know why my old dealer was being so stubborn and bone-headed this time around compared to the Mk6 negotiations back in 2010. It's easy for retail customers like me just walking out and going to the very next dealer that's considerably more flexible.

#24 ·
I had exactly the same - my dealer ( who I have bought 5 cars from in 11 years ) refused to offer any discount so I went too a dealer 10 miles away instead

I needed a gearbox oil change on Thursday which dealer no 1 did so as I waited, I nosed around the showroom and they had a white mk6 R. So I had a look ( although at £30k it was over priced )

" can we help ?" They asked

" just nosing" I said

" we can offer a test drive"

" no thanks, I have a mk7 GTD on order"

" excellent choice, sir. From us ?"

"no. You refused to offer any discount so I went elsewhere"

and mr salesman beat a hasty retreat...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.