Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple of months ago I bid and won a set of sports seats. however, due to unforseeable circumstances I was unable to afford the asking price and informed the seller.

you would think that, at the most, he would leave negative feed back and re-added the auction. but no. this guy has gone one step further and decided to be a child.

he has, on a number of occasions, sabotaged some of my auctions by bidding under different user IDs. bidding ridiculous amounts as to put off other potential buyers.

I have messaged this guy a few times, warning him off. I've never had a response.

I have just added an auction to sell my old seats and he's doing it again. this time under 2 different user IDs.

I havent reported him to eBay, as to be honest I'm not exactly sure how to.

but the thing is, this guy has an eBay shop.

do I seek revenge?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Once you know the bidder ID you just block that ID - it's very simple to do. There's only so many IDs someone can use before they run out!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
speak to ebay and give them all the I.D he used and ask they to look at the i.p's used on them accounts and explain whats happened also do as said and put all the id's on your block list

·
Boost Junkie
1,534 Posts
Your own fault... SHouldnt have bid if you couldnt pay. Simples!
circumstances can change!! especially within this recession which sees us paying £1.40 per litre for diesel, never thought id see the day where itd start to become uneconomical to have a diesel lol

·
Boost Junkie
1,534 Posts
id suggest you report this guy for shill bidding as it is illegal, supply ebay with dates, times, listing numbers, user ids and see what they say

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
a couple of months ago I bid and won a set of sports seats. however, due to unforseeable circumstances I was unable to afford the asking price and informed the seller.

you would think that, at the most, he would leave negative feed back and re-added the auction. but no. this guy has gone one step further and decided to be a child.

he has, on a number of occasions, sabotaged some of my auctions by bidding under different user IDs. bidding ridiculous amounts as to put off other potential buyers.

I have messaged this guy a few times, warning him off. I've never had a response.

I have just added an auction to sell my old seats and he's doing it again. this time under 2 different user IDs.

I havent reported him to eBay, as to be honest I'm not exactly sure how to.

but the thing is, this guy has an eBay shop.

do I seek revenge?
So lets get this straight, you bid on his item, you won the auction and then didnt pay him because you was skint (dont bid if you dont have the money if to purchase if you win).

That ebayer would of had to pay his ebay listing charges and more charges when it 'sold' to you.

Now your sending him 'warnings'.

He is the 1 taking revenge (yes its wrong and doesnt solve his problem of you not paying for his item) ...... you are the one who messed him around.

If you won the auction then there was no 'asking price' that you said you couldnt afford. The price you win at is the price you pay simple as!

No offence to you personally Pryda, im just looking at the situation from a neutral point of veiw. To me it seems you dont understand ebays rules very well.

He has more rights against you than you have against him. Where is your proof hes messing with your auctions? Dont forget he has proof of you breaking ebays rules.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Did you message the seller after the auction ended and offer him a lower price than what you won at? OR did you just tell him you couldnt afford anything at all and didnt want his item?

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
The seller can easily get his fees back, simply open a mutual dispute within the dispute console. And if it was a 99p starting price then it's ?0 insertion fee or more its, at a max, 40p!!!!

What's his Id??

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Have you tried selling your items elsewhere?

Must be something you can do or report him.

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
What's your Ebay user id so I can add you to the list of people to avoid. [C]

As said, the best way to clear this up is close your account and open another.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As said, the unforseen circumstances is that I crashed my car in the snow just before christmas. In total, it cost £1,100 in repairs which put me on my arse money wise and I'm still repaying my parents for the money they lent me. I couldn't have even offered a lower amount to the seller, as I simply didnt have it. He was informed of all this.

I have been cancelling his bids, but I didnt realise I could block him as well.

·
Registered
790 Posts
On the flipside i have been in this guys position a good few times and it really is infuriating to have an auction go a week, have 20 bids and then the final bidder not pay......its enough to make most people snap.

Although i have never gone to the lenghts this guy seem to have its tempting to seek revenge upon a non paying bidder.

I had a guy win a 55 plate Vectra SRI of me after a 10 day listing about 18 months ago and he messed me about something rotten. Ended up costing me time and money.

And to add insult to injury as the seller you cant leave negative feedback......thats a joke!

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
it depends what they sold for ebay final fees are silly now, i have been stung twice now with a £40 selling fee, i too would be annoyed if i had to stick these costs,

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can understand that, but there are a couple of options in that case. He could message the second highest bidder and offer the item or simply relist them.

Its hardly appropriate actions from someone who has an eBay shop.

He hardly covers his tracks very well either. He set up an ID on the same day as my auction started, and left himself 1 positive feedback from his eBay shop! lol... it doesn't take Columbo to figure that one out!

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Ebay is full of crooks and guys selling stuff at over inflated prices, used to have proper bargains on it but now you generally get a bell end trying to get sumit for nowt.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts