Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps,

I've seen a Mk 4 golf on a german site with AMG Styling 2 wheels fitted and imho it looked sweet, just wondering what kind of offset adapter I'd need to fit them to my Mk 4?

Anyone any ideas?

ta

Steve

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Have you got a pic of the wheels?

You need some adapters to go from a PCD of 5x100 to 5x112 which will be about 20mm thickness minimum

·
Registered
103 Posts
Make sure the 5x100 - 5x112 adapters are Mercedes centre bore too.

Also, what's the offset and width of these Merc wheels? I've got Merc wheels too and the offset on mine is quite high(ET47) and they are 8.5" wide, I'd assume yours will be simillar.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Got any pics with the merc wheels on?

I once saw a silver golf in southall with i think S600 wheels, they were polished and the car was SLAMMED!!! looked REALLY nice!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Was that to me? If so, no I don't. Hopefully by the end of the month I should have coilovers fitted and the wheels aren't going on until I get the coilovers fitted(waiting on them to arrive).

Hopefully If I sort out this ARB malarky it'll be as low as it goes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cool, well hopefully sometime soon mines will be ready to show.

There are a good few around, so i'll post some of my inspiration;

Since the first time I seen this bora(last year) - I've wanted these wheels
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's a few for now, I'll try find some more later.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers DPM, can you advise on cost and availability. the wheels I'm looking at are those on the first bora pictured. I saw them on a jazz blue gti and thought they looked sweet...... once I get the correct adapters I just need the wheels!!!!

The Prawn

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cheers DPM, can you advise on cost and availability. the wheels I'm looking at are those on the first bora pictured. I saw them on a jazz blue gti and thought they looked sweet...... once I get the correct adapters I just need the wheels!!!!

The Prawn
I managed to get mine in the UK but they are quite a hard wheel to find - german or belgian ebay's are probably your best bet - but they do weigh alot, so postage will be expensive. As soon as I got mine I've just kept finiding more and more people with them or wanting them, next summer I'll probably sell them for something rarer, so if you're still looking then, give me a shout. [;)]

P.S. - the wheels pictured on the first bora aren't AMG Styling 2's.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought they were, at least that's what MSW have them advertised as, but they're a similar style, If you're selling them either then or sooner, PM me with how much you're looking for and I'll see what we can do, ;)

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
103 Posts
Strange - as far as i know Styling 2's are far different to my wheels. Have you got the MSW link to the wheels?

I doubt I'll be selling them sooner, I've not even had them on the car yet unfortunatley. They are Merc SL500 V12 wheels or this is what i've been told anyway.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll try to dig out the link, Black Bora estate with the powder coated wheel are what I'm looking for, in silver, (though the black ones look different, I may be tempted!)

It's either them or possibly some R32's powder coated in Gloss Black

Steve

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah, thats what I have - although mine are black with polished faces - I'll try and dig out a picture of them.

The bottom bora with the AMG wheels are AMG styling 2's, well I'm fairly sure they are anyway.

A link to a picture of my Merc wheels - hopefully have them on within the next two weeks, only to come back off for winter time.

Wheels

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mmmmmmm, love the wheels Scott, they'll look fantastic on the car, if you're looking at getting rid next year, and you can keep from kerbing them!!! [:p]

give me a bell or PM me, they're just what I'm looking for.....

Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts