Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I seem to be in a general Monday AM raining outside grumpy old man mood lol, am I the only one who has has enough of the rain now.

It seems to have been raining virtually constantly down here for like a week plus, with storms and wind. Driving to work this morning, it was trecherous. Everywhere is flooded or struggling. And to top it off my front porch has developed a leak this weekend!! Argh!!

Please can we have some sun, warmth and calm.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I too was put into a grumpy monday morning mood because of the rain as it was really throwing it down this morning, I ended up with wet feet and have been walking round the office in my socks whilst my shoes dried out on the radiator, the bad mood was offset by a nice Sausage sarnie with tommyK [:D] and it has now stopped raining and its almost lunch time..

I have been more fed up of the Rain/Wind Combination though.... fingers crossed that nothing fails on my house.. as for warmth, calm and sun.. I suggest you erm.. go hols [H] lol

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I'm very annoyed about it.

I'm currently digging the footings and doing the drainage for my extension and currently it's on hold due to the wet as it rapidly turns into a mudbath.

The last couple of winters have been exceptionally dry with well below average rainfall, this winter so far has been well over average, the met office website says that in Nov we got 136% of the average rainfall !!!

Gutted, I was hoping it was going to be dry again this winter.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
I'm currently digging the footings and doing the drainage for my extension and currently it's on hold due to the wet as it rapidly turns into a mudbath.
me too. Our builders were supposed to start last Monday and be here for 4 days. They were here Wednesday, then Friday and Saturday. Not today. Hopefully tomorrow - grrrrr[:mad:]

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm fed up with it too.

The ironic thing is that I think my area still has a hose pipe ban because of the drought [:cool:]

·
Registered
246 Posts
Rain doesn't bother me, this is England, it's not as if I'm not used to it, I'd be more worried if it never rained at all, I love playing football in the rain though so maybe it's to do with that. Having said that, there's nothing like a hot summer's day for a long drive

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rain doesn't bother me, I love playing football in the rain though so maybe it's to do with that.
You're sick lol [:p]

I'm sat here dreaming of my summer hols (yes, 6 months away...) and it being so hot it hurts.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I'm sick of the rain as its mid December and no snow not even a bit of frost. [:eek:] i don't think the seasons change properly in the uk lol... should be one season for the whole year [:D]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
LOL i actualy like the rain. I mean i work outside of my van instead of inside just cause its raining! I like the smell thats in the air when it rains aswell.

Bring on the rain!!! [st]

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yeah im deffo fed up with it![N] I ve got a mobile car valeting business,and its playing havoc with my schedule. Dont mind getting wet too much,but a few days of heavy rain each week is starting to cost me a fortune[:(] Never mind,at least we're half way through winter now,then summer will be back..yay![ip][Y] Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
682 Posts
ahh but at least of you have 4motion it doesnt affect driving too much, these cars are awesome.
Very true Andy! Must admit id miss the 4motion if i sold it. I bet youre enjoying this weather with the new toy then? Lol's. I can get the new Transporter with 4motion now as well....hmmm![H] Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome to my world ! Lancashire has to be the wettest county in the Uk, or, atleast England. More specifically I seem to live in the area of lancashire that has the most rain too. Its nice for everyone else to feel just as gloomy as me . . [;)]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts