Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Am i mad?

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  cd123 
#1 ·
[:O] i've just traded my 2000 1.4 golf in for a brand new 2006 1.4 volkswagen fox, the fox is a budget car but i've had a few optional extras fitted,

what is everyones views on this car?

Antony

#9 ·
Have you got any pictures, what were the extras?
Posted Image

Posted Image

i've had it in dimond black pearl, with rear parking sencors, body coloursed bumpers, front fog lights, remote central locking, electric windows and mirrors, and it's a 1.4 16v 75ps, compared to the 1.2 (3 cylinder) 6v 55ps which my dad wanted me to get as it was group 1 insurance lol

i want to get some nice alloys, slight tints, then if they do them maybe lowering springs, exhaust and induction kit, i can't find anyone that sells parts for it yet hope awesome get some thing up on the site soon. do you think i'll be able to get it revo'd lol

Antony

#11 ·
I was having a look over one of these at the stealers on Saturday.

I'm sorry, but I think they are awful, for a VW...

It is no replacement for the Lupo. They are made in Brazil so time will tell if the build quality is up to scratch. The interiors are awful, very cheap and unVW like. They also dont look like a VW, and I dont think much of the looks/details. I would compare it to the CityRover in the MGRover range...

Basic spec also seem to be very basic, and most of the colours are naff.

I can see their appeal tho. Cheap to run small town car, but definately not my cup of tea, and definately not preferable over any mk4 Golf.

#15 ·
Why on earth would you have parking sensors on such a small car?
because you are an 80 year old lady with bad eyesite and lack of body control.
it's actually quite big compared to say a lupo, and i'm hopeless at reversing [:$]

well to be honest it was the insurance, the fienance (sp?) deal i got and the fact its brand new and still a VW but only time will tell i did find this pic which is a concept of a gti

Posted Image

which i think looks good

#18 ·
I have read quite a few reviews on this and the other new VW's and it appears that the Fox is the most unpopular car VW have released for a long time. I too would have gone for a Polo if a small Eco car was my bag.

In answer too 'Am i mad?', YES. (Sorry, i don't meant to sound harsh but you did ask [:)])

#19 ·
looks a bit like the city rover
Not only does it vaguely resemble a CityRover, it is also very similar in many ways. OK, Rovers weren't great, but you could tell that the CityRover was brought in from a non rover source (Tata) to fill a gap in their range, rather cheaply. I get the impression that VW have done this with the Fox? People that bought them were old people who still think that Rovers are the best cars ever and presumed that a Rover badge on a Cityrover would make it OK. I get the impression having a look over the Fox that you are getting a VW badged car that isnt very VW.

At least with the Fox, you will get free supply of parts, a half decent quality car and more importantly, a warranty that wont go missing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.