Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had an Alpine W200i fitted to my MKV, great sound and picture from it could not be happier with it.
The only thing that is nagging me is the fit, it is a long way from being flush. Does anyone here have experiance of fitting one of these units to the Golf MKV as I have seen some pictures of one fitted to a LHD MKV and it fits flush but also has a bezel ring arround the surround which mine does not?

Any help would be great, picture attached below:

Cheers
Steve.
Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
that looks good,  have you checked to make sure there are no wires behind the unit stopping it from going all the way back ?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I was going to go for one of these but as you have seen it doesn't fit flush. I ended up going for the Kenwood DDX-6029 which also doesn't fit flush but doesn't stick out as much as the Alpine. You may be able to modify the cage to move the cage back slightly but if the MKV dash is anything like the MKIV you may have trouble pushing the whole headunit back any further. When we fitted mine at the weekend we struggled to get the headunit to lockinto the cage, all sorted now though and it aint coming out in a hurry.

The screen looks nice though, the feedback touch is a nice feature, wish the kenwood had that.

Chris

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hi Steve

I think it looks good Mate,do you have a front on picture, also what does it do exactly as I can't find a product of that part number on Alpines web site.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Derv Burner,

You can get lots of info here http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=151764&highlight=W200Ri I got mine from them, car audi direct.

The thing I like the most is the touch screen, it works well. The video is very good and it plays pretty much any media. Ipod adaptor in glove box and the unit has full intigration, using it to find artists or a track is very easy. Also you can setup playlists on say Itunes and it will read those from the Ipod also.

I had mine on order for 6 weeks though and I think they are still hard to get hold of.

Steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SteveTDCI

It was fitted professionally so I would hope there are no wires obstructing it going back further, however the AM does not work so its going back on Thursday to be looked at again.

Steve<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, it does not fold away but the guy that installed it said it would be very difficult to get out without ripping out all the facia.

Steve

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just out of intrest. Did you pay teh ?899.90 rrp? Beacuse caraudiosecurity.com are doing it for ?699.99. Bit of a differance! http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4659.html

I am currently looking for a good double din 6.5" screen headunit. Is this anygood?. Iv also been looking at the panasonic and JVC ones for ?599 seem good value for money

JVC
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4866.html

Panasonic
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4867.html

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
No, it does not fold away but the guy that installed it said it would be very difficult to get out without ripping out all the facia.

Steve
TBH steve I'd prefer them to stay fixed, looks better and less to go wrong.As I said before looks very nice mate,I'd be interested in one that had sat nav also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The sat nav is just a unit in the boot with DVD changer, plugs in the Alpine. not sure how much it is though..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi, one_eight_turbo

I paid ?689.00 for it mate. I don't know the other units so can't really comment on them, but the Alpine is a great unit [:D]

Steve

·
Registered
285 Posts
Lovely unit I'm tryin to decide between the alpine and the kenwood myself - any chance of some night time shots to see how it blends in?

Hope you get the flush look sorted asap :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts