Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are you waiting for? These units are for sale now I think from a well known car audio site for £470

are they?

i contacted caraudiosecurity.com and they said they wouldnt be in stock for another 2 weeks...???

unless u know of anywhere else???

calum.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm....i see...

i've been looking around in the meantime too, and have come across the blaupunkt woodstock which seems to be qute highly rated as far as SQ is concerned.

Posted Image

it is a shed load cheaper than the alpine too at £229, but i wont get the iPod functionality which was one of my main reasons for going for the alpine...(though i can still use it with an aux in lead)

how do you think the blaupunkt will look in an r32 dash (ie:with the alu trim)...any pics anyone???

calum.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hendon car stereo are doing it for £450 but stock availability will not be known until Tuesday. You can call them then on 02082035225

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet, thanx for finding that!

i've sent them an email asking if it actually the 9835 (and if its UK, not US/Jap spec), will post their repsonse when i recieve one!

calum.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I fitted my blaupunkt daytona mp53 tonight and for a cheapish unit it performs very well and looks excellent in the dash (my old kenwoods BIG downfall). I would'nt think twice about buying blaupunkt again!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As emailed to me by mcs-direct...

"The price is ?416.00, UK spec and and it will be available hopefully next

week."

I'll let you all know as and when I get the beast...! ;o)

Calum.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay, doesnt look like the alpine is coming my way now, due to the fact that i got a reply from car audio direct to an email i sent them regarding the illumination colour of the unit.

Apparently, it is only the four blue buttons on the alpine that change, and not the rest of them (such as the preset buttons etc - which all stay green).

However, i have found a Becker HU which would match the interior illumination purrfectly on a german website at a great price! see my other thread...!

Calum.

·
Registered
256 Posts
hi calum i hav just returned the same blaupunkt back to the supplier, however i must admit it matches the vw dash very well, and has reasonably good sound too, altho i hated the volume control and it wont scroll cd text etc, i bought an alpine 9827rr today with the red buttons and blue screen, which is also a good match for my vw, but i tell u m8 the sound is bloody awsome from this unit!!!! 4x50watts,mp3,bass engine, cd text, 3 preouts, and loads of other gizmos i cant think on at da mo? a bargain for ?200 from any good dealer!! wish i had just went with my first instinct and bought the alpine . rant over ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Any head unit supplied from the usa,has the wrong intervals on the FM tuning,for this country.They go in 0.2 mhz steps,instead of 0.1 mhz.So a station on,say 98.2mhz is ok,but on 98.1,you wouldn't be able to receive it.

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
any issues with buying a unit from the states and the FM frequency ?? apparantly they use a different kind of frequency banding...?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The UK spec model is supposed to interface to vehicle display's meaning the mk-iv mfa display may be compatible, anyone have this running in their car yet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts