Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some little chavs were found tryig to nick my brand spankin new pollishs classic A8' last night, thank god they didnt manage to get em off any one know any decent allarms that wud go off or give a warning beep etc if somone went even near my car or allys etc, ?
cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have found that one of those floodlight sensors with audible alarm for the house an absolute life saver, stopped the little fu..ers twice now from breaking into the cars. Its one of those IR floodlights that has a plug in bell in the house, and when the light is set off, the alarm will sound in the house. Its paid its self off already i reakon, as i have been pre-warned .....you can get um from B & Q for about 35-40 quid.

bob

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah got locking wheel nuts but its still possible to remove them with the correct tools lol

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Do what my mate done lol, he baught 5 different makes of locking nuts
for his car and ended up sticking one bolt on each alloy so per alloy
had 5 different locking nuts on it, sounds extreme but hes never had
his alloys nicked yet and they're quite expensive ones at that. But the
only problem is if you make it too hard for people to nick your alloys
they'll most likely end up damaging your car for the sake of it.

Sat

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have found that one of those floodlight
sensors with audible alarm for the house an absolute life saver,
stopped the little fu..ers twice now from breaking into the cars. Its
one of those IR floodlights that has a plug in bell in the house, and
when the light is set off, the alarm will sound in the house. Its paid
its self off already i reakon, as i have been pre-warned .....you can
get um from B & Q for about 35-40 quid.

bob
thats all well and good until a cat or hedgehog goes for stroll over your garden lol

i'd just stick 2 types of locking nuts on!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got a Clifford 950 Intelliguard alarm system on my car. Have the same alloys as you. If a cat walks by my car it sets the warn away sound on, then if the person/animal stays there without moving, the alarm sets off. Also you HAVE to have the Clifford button thingymajig to start the car after the alarm has gone off, or you can enter a pincode if you loose the clifford key (a little 2button keypad is installed on the dash, one button to enter each number and the other for enter).

Its worth it mate. Makes your car sound cool also when you lock it ;)

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I'm sure the standard vw alarm goes off when ya jack it up ........[*-)]

I will have to check this ......i would do it now , but its dark and if it does go off while im jacking it up , if my Neighbour doesnt see its me .....il end up with something across the back of my head .....

maybe ya can borrow my Neighbour..........

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
another vote for clifford

if someone gets close it warns them off, plus it should have tilt sensor (or you can have one put on) that'll go off if someone jacks up your car to steal the alloys or tow it away

and yes it does sound cool when you lock it.

i love mine especially cos i've got remote start...both for the engine and my carPC

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Locking wheel nuts are useless on theer own.... you need 3 sets to keep your wheels...

with one set all you do is tighten 4 nuts as much as possible and the
fifth becomes finger loose... ps this is common knowledge so its
no harm being on here in fact its better so that many people know where
there nuts can fail (OOO ERRR)

·
Registered
632 Posts
I am supposed to be coming over to Mansfield for a night out over the easter weekend and don't know whether i dare now. Will my car be safe.[:$]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Locking wheel nuts are useless on theer own.... you need 3 sets to keep your wheels...

with one set all you do is tighten 4 nuts as much as possible and the fifth becomes finger loose... ps this is common knowledge so its no harm being on here in fact its better so that many people know where there nuts can fail (OOO ERRR)
Even McGard suggest tightening all other nuts to release seized/over tightened locking nuts!

I have 2 lockers per wheel on mine.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Thats what bugs me about this site everyone is too carefull with
info... the fact is if only one member knows of a weak spot here every
thief and scumbag will know about it..... theers too much of keep
information of a public forum "in case a thief might read it
" the fact is thieves may go trawling forums to steal a
car.... but hey there more likely to use autotrader.... they
certainly dont do it to find out how to break into a car...... they
know more ways that than all the members together

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Thats what bugs me about this site everyone is too carefull with info... the fact is if only one member knows of a weak spot here every thief and scumbag will know about it..... theers too much of keep information of a public forum "in case a thief might read it " the fact is thieves may go trawling forums to steal a car.... but hey there more likely to use autotrader.... they certainly dont do it to find out how to break into a car...... they know more ways that than all the members together
I second that...

Another way to get a get of locking nuts of is with an old strong socket fit it over the locking nut then hammer it on tight then you can remove the nut as if was a ordinary nut...

If some one wants something bad enough they will take it.

You can fit tilt & proximity censers to the standard VW cat1 alarm if you want to.. this will help improve your cars security a bit better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think locking nuts are good for your local chav-theif as they probably won't have much idea how to remove them.

But as for your pros, they will be completely useless as they will have the tools and knowledge etc etc.

A mate of mine brought a car from an auction with decent alloys which had two different sets of locking nuts on. He had the car about a month when the rear brake pads needed replacing, little did he know when he brought the car they didn't have any locking nut keys with them lol.

So he pops down to the local garage and asks him if there?s anyway to remove these without the keys the bloke says yes ?10 a corner. 10mins later all off!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts