Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been hunting for a while for a gt tdi, and completely by luck found a bargain of one yesterday, and well brought it there and then...
Completely standard, full vw service history, 3 owners, electric "gti" green, 120,000 miles.....£2050, i believe this is what I could call, a bargain! :D

Two downsides, the passenger side has a 6" long scratch, under the rear window, the width is like a pin.
-I can get this sorted, for free.
The problem I cant sort without some help, is the alloys are caked in brake dust thats ground into the alloys, and to be fair the alloys are the originals, have no curbing, just black brown rough patches inbetween the spokes, and me no likey!! I used to have some like acid spray that'd make the s*it just run off...anyone know what this is, where i can get it and want to congratulate me on my bargain!? :D

Much love x

·
You ain't seen me, right?
3,778 Posts
welcome along

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the stuff I had before was trade stuff, quite harsh if it got on your skin.

I'll raid the cleaning cupboard today, cillit bang it is! :D
Thanks, and helllllllo!!

x

·
Jetta family.
911 Posts
Welcome to the forum[:D][^^] Also congratulations on your bargain[Y] I like that colour when it is clean. Also you could try claying the wheels after the car and using tar remover on them to get rid of brake dust if the strong solution of cleaner doesn't work.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[whistle] Well I came into work today and used the exact words off "I need to leave early today and get my wheels clean before its dark" ...
Seem to be leaving work 2 hours early ,result. So i'll put some pics up later on before and after :) x

·
Registered
927 Posts
cillit bang did the trick for me on a set of fiat alloys that "looked" a mess and cost me £20

sold on for £100 looking almost perfect!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right I gave one wheel ago, and then it started to piddle it down, so I quit until tomorrow but this is how far I got...
I have realised I need some centre caps though these ones are a bit crispy and well, I want it perfectamundo...ignore the bubbling on the clean photo, it'll be sorted by saturday :) ...

Posted Image

After a nice foaming layer of oven cleaner...
Posted Image

1 - 16 of 16 Posts