Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 2000 DBW non VVT 1.8T was hesitant and lost power further up the rev range, turned out to be a broken MAF and a split diaphram in the plastic Bosch diverter valve. MAF replaced FOC, diverter valve upgraded to Hyperboost when car was chipped.

·
Registered
43 Posts
phew so it's not just me that has fun with there car

I have had my DV swapped by VW after the engine light came on

Then I swapped the coolant sensor after the light came on again (?25 and fitted in 5 mins) Now the MAF is playing up. VW charged me ?75 for a new one but that was DOA (2 more visits to VW) and then they replaced it. 2 days later is it playing up again !

I'm guessing they are going to shaft me for 2x o2 sensors tomorrow...

Charging you ?274 is taking the pi33. I've paid about half that so far .....

·
Registered
93 Posts
I replaced my DV for an AMD one. It now idles quite high on start up and if I turn her off straight away, I get a sound like a hoover being turned off! If I then turn her back on, all is OK. Strange! Don't know how this could've happened by just changing the DV (although I did use Fairy[:I] to lubricate the DV so the hose would slide on, maybe this has somehow got onto one of the sensors??) Any help appreciated, please!!!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just checked the invoice for the parts that I mentioned above, and I have one "faulty air mass meter" replaced for the princely some of ?247.14 exc VAT, that's ?281.74 with VAT!!!![:(!] That's for the part only, the labour was another ?111.74, exc VAT, for a total of ?421.68!![:(!][:(!]

Sprit of Leamington Spa my ass, unless it is the sprit of theft!

And if it wasn't for this forum, I would never have been the wiser.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We've had excellent results in switching over TDI sensors from one type to another. We bought a number of Brand New genuine VW sensors for the 6 cylinder TDI and have tried and sold them to customers with all sorts VW 1.9 TDI configurations without issues. I'm sure we can sort a replacement Brand New Bosch / VW sensor for about ?55 + ?4.50 postage.

Mike

VW Speed.co.uk

01962 629707

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.