Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the doors lock and the indicator flashes if i do that.

For the alarm on to be on wherby the door lock flashes red every other couple of seconds until unlocked you need to wait a few longer until pressing the lock button for this to happen.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Just press it once and it dead locks the doors and switches ON the alarm.

If you press it twice in quick succession, I think this turns off the alarm, or is that the deadlocks? Time to check up the manual I think.

Ignore this last statement - nonsense [:$]

·
Registered
423 Posts
I thought by pressing the 'LOCK' button twice in quick succession arms the alarm plus initiating the deadlock facility? I always get the indicator blink after both first & second presses of the 'LOCK' button.

Now of course I'm worried that i've been dis-arming the alarm on the second click of the button!!!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've read through the manaul, hopefully I've interpreted it correctly.

Pressing the lock button a second time does nothing as far as I can see.

Pressing it ONCE, alarms and deadlocks the vehicle.

There appears no way to lock the car without setting the alarm and setting the deadlocks.

Think long and hard before locking your vehicle with kids or Bonzo inside as they are unable to get out or people are unable to open the doors even if they smash the windows.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Richy, one click should see the deadlocks and alarm set as above, a second later, the indicators will flash. After that every 5 seconds or so, that LED in the door should flash.

If it doesn't, maybe the LED is dead, or your alarm is alarming properly (issue with the locking mechanisms, sensors, etc)

HTH

C

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
That's the case on the mk4, but there's questions over the mk5. And it's too cold right now to stick my neck out the house to go and read the manual (esp as Mark's already done it above and is normally spot on!)

C

·
Registered
204 Posts
I thought that by pressing the 'Lock' button twice
in rapid succession you turned the alarm's interior motion sensors off,
and maybe also the deadlock?
there are 2 buttons on the pillar between the front and back doors (on
a 5 door obviously) next to the seat where you can disable interior
protection and disable motion detecton (where the alarm goes off when
moved or inclined e.g. while being towed).

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I thought that by pressing the 'Lock' button twice in rapid succession you turned the alarm's interior motion sensors off, and maybe also the deadlock?
there are 2 buttons on the pillar between the front and back doors (on a 5 door obviously) next to the seat where you can disable interior protection and disable motion detecton (where the alarm goes off when moved or inclined e.g. while being towed).
This is correct, the locks and alarm are engaged by just one press of the remote button. 'Double' clicks are only required to unlock all doors if the single door unlocking function is engaged (then you press the unlock button twice in succession, first press unlocks the drivers door, second press unlocks all other doors and tailgate).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, Just fully tested it,

One click of the lock button does activate the alarm and lock it. The light for the drivers side door does blink red every other second.

Clicking the lock button twice deactivates the alarm and only dead locks the car.

Clicking three times will se the alarm and so on...........

I had assumed that you had to click the lock button twice to set the alarm but the red lock was not blinking, thats why I thought you had to wait a couple of seconds to press it a third time.

One click though is enough for the alarm and the deadlock. I had not tested this b4!

Cheers 4 all your help and sorry bout the confusion!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Something else I realised..

If you click the lock button twice (as richy demonstrated) the rear set of the interior lights are the only ones that come on when you next unlock the car!! The cabin switch that usually activates all six interior lights will only activate the rear 3 !!!

It's only after you reset the alarm (one click) & reopen the door then all of the interior lights come on..

Unless someone else has an explanation for the interior light phenomenon?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Has anyone actually heard the alarm on a MkV? The alarm on my TT was a pathetic beep-beep noise. Im hoping the Golf is a bit meatier. Im also hoping it has a battery back-up siren. Anyone know?
Well, someone suggested to me sarcastically, when I posed the same question, that I should get out there, so to speak and activate the alarm myself and find out. Apparently it is very strident, but I've yet to prove it!!

[:)]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts