Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Wednesday 15/06/05 I left my flat and walked over to my Golf
mk4 gt tdi 150, only to discover that the windows to be down (3 door
car) on further inspection I noticed that the drivers door lock had
been forced, I immediately looked inside to find my top of the range
Kenwood TV navigation system (?2800) had been ripped out of the dash
leaving broken trim and cut wires. The thugs even stole my back leather
seat as my amp was bolted to it.<o:p></o:p>

Looking at the alarm LED it was flashing as normal (like I had just left the car and locked it with the key fob button). <o:p></o:p>

The car was parked right outside my flat the alarm did not go
off as the flat window was open all night. Does anyone have an idea how
the thugs beat the alarm?<o:p></o:p>

I tested the alarm over 15 times that day by sitting inside and locking the door, ever time it went off.<o:p></o:p>

Does any one have any ideas how this could be, beating the standard alarm? And how I could improve the security on my car<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
mate, you will be asked to edit the last paragraph, its not wise to post that.

you've been hit by the golf4 security flaw. if you read on hear you'll see all the posts about delocking - its not just for looks unforunately!

its too late for you which i'm sorry for but basically consists of a disc about the size of a 5p that is glued over the back of the lock - the bit you found.

its a major flaw and was on watchdog a few years back. i hope everything gets sorted on the insurance.

someone will be able to post part numbers but i'd get to your dealer and get the delocking parts soon. the scum may be back to get your replacements yet. it'll cost you around ?15 i think + spraying. mine only took about 30mins to do both doors. a how to can be found on VW Vortex that you can find through the DIY forum on here, or nudda posted an excellent how to on the bodywork forum on here.

good luck mate (and an unfortunate welcome to the forum!)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ah so I've finally discovered "that" security flaw. To be honest
though, is there really much point in delocking? I mean if the scummers
really want to get in your car, they're gonna get in your car.

Sounds like you may have been targeted with that kit installed, sorry for you mate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car went into the dealers 2 weeks before to have the steering rack changed on warranty, i think it may have been clocked there. No body else would no about it. Never trust the dealer well the apprentices that work there

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
people always say, 'they'll get in if they want' and yeah, the will. but at least if its delocked they can only smash the window that will set the alarm off.

or they can exploit the flaw and steal your stuff on the quiet without you or anyone else knowing!

·
Registered
167 Posts
people always say, 'they'll get in if they
want' and yeah, the will. but at least if its delocked they can only
smash the window that will set the alarm off.

or they can exploit the flaw and steal your stuff on the quiet without you or anyone else knowing!
Do you know if aftermarket alarms are also affected?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When the lock is smashed and rotated, does it dis arm the alarm?

Is te alarm supposed to go off if the door opens? or does it only use the motion sensors?

·
Registered
487 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss mate.

get a proximity sensor alarm add on to your factory alarm and stop the buggers getting anywere near your car.

·
Registered
487 Posts
just search the forum for 'alarm sensor addition' or something. i know theres a useful thread about somewhere. but yea ive got a dual zone proximity sensor and it does the job well. warns when someone gets close to the car and if they get too close the full alarm is set off.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am getting the bits to de-lock my golf this week but as they are off a member i doubt i'll get that little metal disc now important is this to the security of my car ?

And after doing some reading up off here is seems the general advice is there is not much point fitting a aftermarket alarm and the OEM alarm is quite good

What else can i do to help me protect my car

·
Registered
230 Posts
f****in bad news that mate! very sorry to hear that m8! ;-(

i wouldnt mind the HOW TO link about de-locking your golf,also any links or prices for this proxy sensor

cheers

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sorry to hear that happened to you mate, i had my old nova broken into years ago several times and my stuff taken.. so i know how you feel [:(]

As to what people are advicing, where can i pick up a de-lock kit?? stealers??? surely VW should repair this flaw FOR FREE!!!!

And does a proxy sensor just fit on to the standard alarm???

·
Registered
811 Posts
I was lucky when i bought my car i was given two alarm key fobs and 2 normal keys and a plastic key for having another key cut, lol mad!!!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
The metal disc is the most important part.  As you dealer to search for METALDSIC but not on the normal ETAK parts sytem.  They will find it there. Once you follow the delocking guide you will see how easy it is to perform.  Th ereason teh alarm did not go off is because of a "feature" from VW.  If you put your key in you lock and hold it in either the open or closed position it will wind up or down your windows to vent the car befoe you get in.  This has the side affect of turning off the motion sensors in the car.  

1 - 20 of 29 Posts