Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, got the standard factory v dub central locking alarm etc, would like to know is there a way to make it beep when locking and unlocking the car?? i have a vagcom cable coming soon??

thanks

·
Super Moderator
50,206 Posts
Unless you've got the proper Ross Tech cable,I don't think you can (the one that costs about ?300),but try asking this question in the proper VAG-COM section.

Chris.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would like to know this aswell, my friends bora beeps when he lock/unlocks his doors.
Interesting ...................... must be possible on the golf too ........

Let us know how you get on with this [Y]

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
i had mine turned on about 6 months ago now my mates do on there golfs too... took it to midlandvw and he did it with vagcom and also turned my anti hijack on too. cost me ?10 [;)]

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got a ?15 USB cable from eBay and it works fine with the earlier 3xx & 4xx versions of vagcom. Enabling lock / unlock beeps is not a problem! The only thing you might not like, as I have discovered, is that the beep is not synchronised to the locking motion with the actual beep coming in about a second after the locks engage and IMO sounds quite awkward if you are close enough to the car to hear the locks engage.

·
Registered
530 Posts
the alarm beep CAN be done with a third party cable and VAG COM 311 or 409, but if my memory serves me right, you will need to REGISTER the software to allow it to SAVE any changes you make. Its in 46 Central Convenience Module, adaptation and click up and you will see all the options you can change.

cheers

Noel

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone with a full vagcom could they please pm me?? dont mind travelling if anyone can help thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm also in West London.... lol.

And yeah, I'd be interested if anyone is able to activate it for me for a small charge. [Y]

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
It can be done with a non-genuine cable. Mine does it with 311.2. Here's the instructions of how to do it!

About 2/3 of the way down the page, 46 - Central Convenience.

·
Registered
275 Posts
ok will do mate thanks. how long does it take? and will sometime this weekend do? you say when is best for you. Do you want out for doing it?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts