Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am trying to activate the alarm beep on my car.

I went to the ross-tech website and found this.

[Select]

[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)

[Adaptation - 10]

Channel (03..08)

Adaptation Value (1 = on, 0 = off)

[Save]

Channel 03 Auto Lock

Channel 04 Auto Unlock

Channel 05 Unlock, horn sounds

Channel 06 Lock, horn sounds

Channel 07 Unlock, turn signals flash

Channel 08 Lock, turn signals flash

But this is only to activate the horn, not the BEEP? Am I missing something?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
By horn they mean beep. Well at least on all the cars I have activated it has been a beep, a bit like roundrunner. Try it and see what it sounds like

·
Registered
493 Posts
I may be wrong but on the older cars the horn is breifly sounded when the alarm is activated. On newer cars they have the 'beep', 'chirp' or whatever you want to call it.

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote:

Originally posted by shoes

How do you "anti hijack" I live in newcastle you see :)
LMAO

The anti hijack is a superb feature....

Use your vag-com...

[Select]

[46 - Cent. Conv.] (35 - Cent. Locking for manual window cars)

[Adaptation - 10]

Channel (03..08)

Adaptation Value (1 = on, 0 = off)

[Save]

Channel 03 Auto Lock (auto locks car after 10mpg_

Channel 04 Auto Unlock (unlock the car when u take the key out)

Channel 05 Unlock, horn sounds (not a horn, more like a beep when u unlock)

Channel 06 Lock, horn sounds (same as above only other way around)

Channel 07 Unlock, turn signals flash (easy)

Channel 08 Lock, turn signals flash (easy)

One thing I would like to say though, my car, when I went into the module I did a scan on each one to find out what each channel was, to make the car beep was channel 7 for me, not channel 6.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Re the anti hijack. What happens in an accident, do the doors unlock? I've always understood it is dangerous to lock your doors as in the event of an accident people would not be able to get to you immediately if the doors are locked.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
quote:

Originally posted by PJ

Re the anti hijack. What happens in an accident, do the doors unlock? I've always understood it is dangerous to lock your doors as in the event of an accident people would not be able to get to you immediately if the doors are locked.
Well if it is a bad accident the chances are who ever it was would just smash the glass, if it was not already smashed.

I think I read somewhere that if the airbags go of the doors unlock.

·
Registered
392 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by PJ

I understand that if an Airbag go's off, then the hazard lights illuminate and all the doors unlock regardless of their positions.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Well if the doors do unlock when the airbags fire then I'll leave the auto lock enabled. It really does make you feel safer around the mean streets of London! All we need now is a way to quieten the central locking, sounds like someone is pouring a bag of bolts over the car when it locks!

·
Registered
392 Posts
All we need now is a way to quieten the central locking, sounds like someone is pouring a bag of bolts over the car when it locks!

[/quote]

Yeah minds sounds like a gun

[:O]

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the auto lock, auto unlock and the alarm beep activated.

If VW charged me the £60+ vat for each item like they wanted that is like £180

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to raise an old subject but what does the Anti Hijack feature achieve? I haven't activated it, didn't know their was such a feature.

·
Registered
464 Posts
it locks the doorswhen you reach a certain speed, and does not unlock them when you go below that speed - therefore in case you forget to lock your doors, you cant be "carjacked" at traffic lights etc - there was a spate of that a while ago.

Makes the missus feel much safer.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I may be wrong but on the older cars the horn is breifly sounded when the alarm is activated. On newer cars they have the 'beep', 'chirp' or whatever you want to call it.

my car has a 1998 build date and it beeps rather than sounding the horn

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ah yes the Auto-Lock feature bassicaly. Yeah I have that activated its fantastic, yeah didn't know it meant the same thing thought it was another feature I'd not heard off. Cheers Felix. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts
wonder if someone could help here...

Ive activated the beep feature on my mothers car 2002 build date, and it sounds the horn instead of beeping??? Mine is the same build date, but beeps rather than sounding the horn?

Anyone got any ideas?

Also Ive activated the auto unlock on both cars - on mine the doors open immediatley when the key is taken out, yet on my mothers they dont unlock for almost five seconds after taking the key out - whats going on??

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Try comparing the ECU codes, maybe you have a different central convenience controller versions, hence causing the difference in functionality.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts