Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
LOL!

On a serious side note did you hear about the flight where nobody would board because of the 'dodgy looking Arabs'? And the staffs response was to take the Arab guys off the flight until the next one? Disgusting. If nobody will board, thats their problem - tickets are paid for, leave them behind. I understand the fear and racial profiling aspect (its PC to ignore it, but not very realistic)...but If those guys passed the security checks, they had every right to fly IMO. Taking them off was just plain racism.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I cant blame people for being nervous.... there was some very good points made on radio 2 yesterday, in the the british Moslem community even those of 3rd and 4th generation are ostrising themselves there forefathers when they came to live in england took up the English language and methods of dress and very rarely spoke teher own language who showed there religion in such an outward manner.

now 3rd and 4th generations are using dress and appearance and language to segregate themselves from the wider british community, now start doin this one several of your race/religios compatriots have just attempted to blow up 10 airliners then .... its not very clever is it really!!!

In the 80's there was widespread suspicion of Irish people ... anyone remeber the ring of steel round london???? were Moslems/Pakistanis/North Africans/Arabs stopped and questioned? NO why because they werent blowing stuff up.... were white males in Irish registered vehicles or dodgy looking old vans pulled searched and questioned... DAMN right they were was that racist NO chance the fact is in the 80's and 90's mosts bombings were by white males of Irish Decent. The fact is now MOST bombings are done by Males of Pakistani, North African or Arab origin so should they all be under suspicion if they fit the profile damn right they should.

Unfortuanetley not all moslems are terrorists BUT all terrorists have been Moslems.... and untill they start policing there own communitys and ostricising the left wingers and militant preachers then we have to treat people with suspicion.

The fact is I am disgusted with the lack of comment and outrage against militant islam by the so called moderate Moslems of this country, mayvbe if they wre more vacl people wouldnt be so suspicious.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
To be fair though, I dont see any white people blowing up planes, Can you blame the general public.

/2p
Shoe Bomber, Oklahoma Bomber , IRA, ETA...

But thats besides the point anyway.

now 3rd and 4th generations are using dress and
appearance and language to segregate themselves from the wider british
community, now start doin this one several of your race/religios
compatriots have just attempted to blow up 10 airliners then .... its
not very clever is it really!!!
I agree but surely you cannot refuse to board a plane because 'there are Arabs on it'. This only makes the problem worse and increases the divide - tarring everyone asian or arab with the same brush as a small minority of terrorists. What if you said you wouldn't get on a plane with black guys on it in this day and age? Or Irish? They would leave you behind. If everyone in the boarding area has passed the same security checks, why shouldn't they board? Treating people in this way will surely only make them feel more distant and perhaps identify with the ideals of extremists...

I am not saying you can't racially profile in this situation - I know its not PC, but its inevitable - but there is a line IMO.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Mikedav fair points, But some of the examples you gave were just one off people who were a bit crazy.

Andymac kind of beat me to the points I was going to make about the IRA etc which I was mulling over posting on the drive back from work.

I put this to you.

A "Metro" in town comitts assault on someone, The description is put out, Ripped Jeans, Pink shirt and a Toni & Guy haircut. Are the authorities going to be looking for a guy in Slacks, Deck shoes and a poloneck sweater..........

I dont know, The worlds gone PC mad.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
A "Metro" in town comitts assault on someone, The description is put out, Ripped Jeans, Pink shirt and a Toni & Guy haircut. Are the authorities going to be looking for a guy in Slacks, Deck shoes and a poloneck sweater..........

I dont know, The worlds gone PC mad.
I agree with you totally - nothing wrong there. But if you have checked out the two guys wearing ripped jeans, pink shirts and Tony and Guy haircuts in the queue and they are clean, should you be able to refuse to board a plane with anyone dressed like that?

(sound like they live in Bournemouth if thats of any help..they are everywhere!)

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I fly a lot with my job and have to say I would like the security measures to stay in place. Anything that stops idiots taking on suitcases as hand luggage to save them a short while on arrival has to be a good thing aside from the security benefits!

As for reporting suspicious looking / acting people on a plane, I am all for it whether they are Pakistani, American, Scottish, English, Black, White, Brown Yellow etc. If a few Muslims get pulled off a plane as it is possible they may be acting suspiciously which may go on to be a a take over / blow up scenario great. It should be that way. If they happen to be white, homosexual with ginger hair, then that is great too. Better that than blowing up or crashing planes laden with innocent people.

The fact is though that Muslims will be targets for extra security checks for obvious reasons. If this saves a few hundred lives at the risk of pissing off one Pakistani (or whoever), surely this is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Unfortuanetley not all moslems are terrorists BUT all terrorists have been Moslems....
Nail on the head there Andy.

And it's the bleeding heart PC society that the trendy lefties have created that makes us such an easy target for these Muslim terrorists. We are such a weak society that puts the feelings of minorities ahead of protecting the safety of innocent people who these fanatics want to blow up.

So if a few feelings are hurt, so if some are offended .............tough. A section of our society have declared war on the overwhelming majority of decent people in this country.

You fight fire with fire, not tree hugging limp wristed action.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I think people are missing my point? If the above is in response to my comments that is!

I agree, racial profiling on this issue is bound to happen and is correct (if your suspect is an asian male, you look out for asian males). So it is urealistic for the Asian and Arab community not to be subject to more random searches etc than anyone else. BUT all out racism against anyone Arab or Asian 'because he looks like a terrorist' is not going to solve it. Scowling at Asians in the street or calling anyone Persian 'Osama' is ignorant and racist. In fact it will probably worsen the problem...in extreme cases, some might feel 'if you call me a terrorist and treat me like one, I may as well be one'.

The profiling has to be within reason, and the actions of those flight staff were not. If the guys passed the security checks (which they did) as clean why can't they fly? 'Sorry mate, you're Arab, and we just don't trust Arabs'. Thats racism. You just can't do it surely?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Racism pure and simple! Worst thing is that the kids were the ones to judge, taught to hate and become racist because of their parents and the media. If you look at the terrorsists that do the bombings they dont dress in traditional outfits, they look and dress like normal people. 7/7 bombers had broad UK accents and dressed like Chavs i mean go figure? Where was the terrorist profile that you see in the News of the World then?

You can call it security measures or whatever you want, i'll call it what it really is......RACISM!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
"Worst thing is that the kids were the ones to judge, taught to hate and become racist because of their parents and the media."

You can only influence children so far, They have thier own views and opinions just like any other person, I honestly cant blame the kids at all.

You can make excuses all day long, Fact is, it was muslims (Again) theres no denying it.

If these people dont want to people to "hate and become racist" dont give them a reason.

·
Registered
122 Posts
"Worst thing is that the kids were the ones to judge, taught to hate and become racist because of their parents and the media."

You can only influence children so far, They have thier own views and opinions just like any other person, I honestly cant blame the kids at all.

You can make excuses all day long, Fact is, it was muslims (Again) theres no denying it.

If these people dont want to people to "hate and become racist" dont give them a reason.
If you tell a kid theres a monster in the cupboard they will beleive, no matter how smart they are. If their bombared with bs by their parents and meia that all Muslims are terrorists and as some one here put it all terrorsits are Muslims what are they gonna believe?

Half of the Middle East is being blown up, occupied or controlled by people armed and supported by USA/UK. You dont want terrorism in the UK? I dont! So by your own words "dont give them a reason"

·
Registered
459 Posts
Equalz ... has this country upset you so much that you think every child in the land is being taught to hate muslims?  What the hell are you on ?  Give me a solid, provable example of this ? 

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Mikedav,

Your missing the point as well. It was because they were acting suspicously more than anything else.
I was listening to Radio 2 today and it was being discussed...a woman on the flight described the situation. They saw the two Asian males laughing and joking, one left the queue for check in and then came back (normal people NEVER do that right?), they were heard speaking 'in a foreign language' (wow! stop the press!), and were spotted rifling through the seat pocket in front of them (I mean who on earth reads the onflight magazines?!). Apparently passengers were screaming, a stewardess was crying, and they begged to be let off...

I mean COME ON. That is baseless paranoia plain and simple. If two druken white males had done any of this, nothing would have been done. What is 'suspicious behaviour'? The 911 bombers never did anything to arouse suspicion.

These two guys passed all the security checks. They WERE NOT terrorists and were simply two people trying to fly home. Laughing and joking and speaking a foreign language is enough to accuse someone now is it? Well if thats the world you want to live in, then you can keep it thanks.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The paranoia isn't baseless, this is what terrorist want, if they use their skin colour and religion as a tool in terrorism then so be it. It's not the general publics fault for being worried, as mentioned earlier... white Irish males were seen with as much suspicion back in the 80s as young Asian men. That's not racism or paranoia, its just the results of terrorism.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts