Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't seem to be performing very well in the current hotter weather we are experiencing.

I reckon it needs regassing - any idea how I can check if it does.

Don't really want to go to a dealer as car is out of warranty so anyone know a good place in Hampshire??

Ta

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I'm not sure where in Hants you are but I refuse to get my car serviced anywhere other than Martins of Basingstoke.

They never mess me around and provide a decent service, unusal for a stealer!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The garage where my mate works can do aircon and he is familar with the Mark IV as he had one and he has checked the Aircon on mine. Garage is off Junction 9 M27 if that is local for you ?

Paul

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Let me know how you get on, how much it costs etc

Might need mine doing soon and might need a backup if Martins quote me something gut-wrechingly expensive!

·
Registered
33 Posts
My car is at the dealers today for a problem with the aircon. The stealer has just rung me back saying the compressor is dead! £650!!! [:(]

Luckily it's still under warranty[:D] but the warranty company want to inspect the car before authorising the work.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote: posted by Mister_E on 28/04/2004 20:06:33

Let me know how you get on, how much it costs etc

Might need mine doing soon and might need a backup if Martins quote me something gut-wrechingly expensive!

Going there on Tuesday. They've quoted around £70 - will let you know when it's all sorted.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not going to be able to make it today [:(] but should be getting it looked at in a week or so.........

As soon as I've got it done I will update here!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I am interested in this too... Got in my dad's mondeo this morning and I was suprised how icey cold the air coming out of the vents was.. Honestly I thought my finger was going to freeze if I kept it there for any longer.. It is not like this in my car.... it's just a bit colder than standard air. I have a 3rd party warranty that covers air con, but could it just be some parts need servicing rather than actual breakdown of parts (in which case I am not covered)?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hopefully getting it fixed next week. The bank balance took a hammering over the past few weeks and I've had to put this on stand by.

As soon as I get paid next week it's the first thing that's getting sorted. I hate getting into a roasting hot car with the weather like this!! [V]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by Rye on 19/05/2004 13:27:33

I am interested in this too... Got in my dad's mondeo this morning and I was suprised how icey cold the air coming out of the vents was..

Have you bought that warranty yet? Get it before you get the air con looked at. Air con is a seriously pricey bit of kit. The air con on my 1.6 (manual air con) was pretty cold, shiver inducing shall we say, so you might have an issue somwhere

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Quote: posted by Mikedav on 19/05/2004 22:33:11

Quote: posted by Rye on 19/05/2004 13:27:33

I am interested in this too... Got in my dad's mondeo this morning and I was suprised how icey cold the air coming out of the vents was..

Have you bought that warranty yet? Get it before you get the air con looked at. Air con is a seriously pricey bit of kit. The air con on my 1.6 (manual air con) was pretty cold, shiver inducing shall we say, so you might have an issue somwhere

Yes I've got the warranty.. When I bought the car the air con was rediculously cold... since then I haven't really used it due to MPG.. but now I have come to it doesn't seem as cold.. reckon it is due to not using it for so long?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally got it done!! Regas and leak detection dye all for ?70.

Works a treat now. Throughly recommend New Park Garage in Fareham, Hants - got the job done in just over an hour.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pays to shop around for a Re-Gas, was quoted ?135 for a re gas from dealer in Manchester, called another ?90, called another ?70.

All from the VW dealers in Manchester, which are all part of the Smith Knight Fay group.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think that mine could do with a check. Anybody know of any places in Buckinghamshire / Oxford area. Cheers, Simon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Found one and had mine re-gased, etc ?90 + VAT more than some of you have paid but I took it straight in and picked it back up within the hour.

Much colder now, well worth ?100!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts