Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long trip yesterday, after filling up the 'Air Bag' fault was displayed on the MDF along with a yellow warning on the Dash.

Getting a tad fed up of this car at the moment.

I've tried to clear the fault code but it keeps coming back.

Before I take it to the dealers anyone know what to look for?

cheers.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have an air bag fault recently , this was after changing my head unit. and the airbag on/off switch cable had worked it was loose. have you changed anything recently??

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
have you scanned your car with VCDS to see which bag is playing up. bet it is one of the seats

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive scanned with my ST3 and no error codes came up. I will check with VCDS later today.

Nothing has changed in the car, ive also checked all the cables underneath the seats.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the car went in for a service today, and the techs said it requires a new connector under the seat.

Now, they say this is not covered by VW extended warranty as it is an electrical component. I was mighty peeved at this considering the car is only 2.5 years old!

·
Chief Troll
15,990 Posts
95% of airbag faults on the mk5s are cause dues to a fault in the underseat wiring.

Sounds like BS about the warranty though, push them for it to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are getting around it by saying;

"Electrical wiring connection blocks, terminals and fuses" is not covered and this is from VW UK.

Any idea what I can look for?

Shafted again by VW.

Even suggest that the DPF is looked at in the next 10K - excuse me, DPF cough, cough whats that.....

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Hi

if your good with a soldering iron, it is easy to cut the plugs off and solder the wires together. I did this to a friends GTi, VW wanted over £80 to fix it. I did it in 30mins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts