Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had to park in a multi story car park, and with my car dropped on coilovers I wasn't looking forward to it. The first ramp was ok, but the second scraped the underside, and the third ramp beached the car, and I had to get the queue of cars behind me to all reverse!

Of course I could raise the car (I also scrape the front splitter on the road getting off the drive every day) but I love the look.

I would ideally like air, as it takes all the worry out of going down unknown road etc.

I cant afford to buy it all in one hit, so I will gets bits and pieces when I can. Where is a good place to buy air ride stuff from?

What list of parts do I need to complete a kit?

With the air tank in the boot, is there still room to remove the spare tyre?

The last thing that I can think of at the moment is what size lines do people run? And how much of it will I need?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, what front arb are people running with air so it doesn't rub on highs and lows?

I still have the standard front arb and it rubs on the drivers side driveshaft on right turns :(

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Chasi notch for popper lows and I am running an fk anti roll bar, but I aint got air (yet) or no anti roll bar if you dont want one there, not sue how this works with insuance, but its an MOT fail if not there for the MOT! [Y]

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
My arb was removed and I passed 2 mots since. The whiteline arb is considered a good option as it runs under the drive shaft. If you want a good cheap(er) set up speak to g werks, they do airlift stuff which is good quality and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I only said about the MOT going on what others have said when they had theirs done! if it pass's then thats good, also heard bad things about SOME of the whiteline arb's and there was a thread on it wasnt there? anyways speak with G Werks they should help you out [:)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts