Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No seriously! Can anyone recommend something that is actually nice. Whilst I do use reasonably nicely-scented products to clean the dash nothing seems to smell great and last more than a day. And at 3 years old now any original new car smell has long gone. No pine tree please [:S]

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
I was just going to ask whether the refills are a stupendous price!! but then i noticed that they are 2.50, which aint too bad. May have to invest in one myself.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
do you honestly like that autobrite stuff jace? I got cherry, bubblegum and peardrop and they all went straight in the bin, they only last about an hour and make you feel sick!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
do you honestly like that autobrite stuff jace? I got cherry, bubblegum and peardrop and they all went straight in the bin, they only last about an hour and make you feel sick!
I can agree with you there.

Got a 1l of Cherry and 1l of Cherry Deodourisor and found that they don't leave a lasting smell.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I can agree with you there. Got a 1l of Cherry and 1l of Cherry Deodourisor and found that they don't leave a lasting smell.
I find them ok, I spray them on an old air freshner & also into the carpet, that way you release a little smell each time you move you feet

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I try to keep my car as neutral as possible, so that means keeping it clean and dry inside, regularly opening all doors to let fresh air in and evaporate any condensation. Running the air con and heating regularly also helps keep the air channels clear and free of miffs. If there is any bad smell I'll use AG Autofresh, which smells like Neutradol more than an air freshener/scent. At the moment it smells of "car" inside which is all I want. No perfume, nothing.

Sometimes I'll eat a takeaway in my car but I'm pretty good at that and don't get any on the interior and it doesn't smell either.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
[*-)] Wild berries.....is that the one you use Sat? - doesn't it smell too sweet, like how some vanilla air fresheners smell too strong

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have a Poppy Coral air freshner. I think they are all the same smell. Don't smell too bad in my opinion [Y]

better than this F1 smelly stuff I DID have... smelt like old, bad, aftershave [+o(]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
[*-)] Wild berries.....is that the one you use Sat? - doesn't it smell too sweet, like how some vanilla air fresheners smell too strong
To tell you the truth i have it to just keep the ciggerette smell out of my car and people comment on how nice it smells so cant really complain..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers guys, plenty of ideas there to try.

Not a fan of the Febreeze/Neutradol smell in the car, nor pine/cinnamon usual fresheners.

Have had my car now for 3 months and the air freshener the dealer put in it is done. But I loved it and even asked could I have another, but sadly they were a one-off batch of 1000 made by a local perfummery the dealer bought and has now run out with no plans to re-order. Was a nice musky aftershave smell.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ive just found my fave air fresheners

California scents

many scents to choose from and claim to last 60 DAYs!

They also come in those man scents like:

gucci, ck, coolwater, Christian Dior ,Polo and more.

i have the ck 1, at the moment

·
Registered
488 Posts
ive just found my fave air fresheners

California scents

many scents to choose from and claim to last 60 DAYs!

They also come in those man scents like:

gucci, ck, coolwater, Christian Dior ,Polo and more.

i have the ck 1, at the moment
Where can you buy these from and how much please?

Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts