Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spotted the above if you book it ONLINE to have done at one of their shops.

Flaming good value for money, and as long as the technician ain't a doofus, then the Machine they use should do the same as any VW dealer, or similar AC place

·
Registered
692 Posts
Quickfit in Grantham did my golf last summer. Good service and they gave me printouts of how much gas they removed before refilling.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
Great price, just not sure I'd trust them to carry it out. [:cool:]

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great price, just not sure I'd trust them to carry it out.
Can't be all that bad, it's basically a machine that connects to the inlets and outlets of the system. It's pretty much automated.

Having said that I'd still like to watch over it being done!!

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quickfit in Grantham did my golf last summer. Good service and they gave me printouts of how much gas they removed before refilling.
nice one

did u notice any difference after having it done?

I think my R32 was last done 5years ago now

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've been getting that for a while from them.. took a wheel off and well I can't say I disagree anymore :eek:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Ive had a couple of cars done at kwick fit, the trick is to say "I had it topped up last year and it made no difference so I think it needs drained and refilled".

They will just top it up if they can but really you want a full drain and refil.

·
Registered
241 Posts
While doing the charge ,they'll find you need new disc's and pads, I expect
And spray some duck oil on the top of your shocks and tell you they all need replacing too. we've all seen them on watch dog, imo i wouldnt trust them with my wheel barrow. but that only my opinionof our local ones. sorry if that [email protected]~ed anyone off. on there good side they open all day sat and open on sundays which can be helpful sometimes.

back to the subject though a full drain, leak test and regass would be better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts