Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted my cruise control kit at the weekend and had it enabled yesterday... Well impressed!

The fitting went smoothly (no exploding airbag!) mainly thanks to Foxy's excellent guide.

Am now driving everywhere and hitting the button as much as possible. It's certainly a nice feeling to get a luxury upgrade for so little outlay.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's early days, but i'd say the car is more economical with the cruise in use, mainly because the power delivery is so subtle, definitely moreso than it would be using the pedal. The instant readout on the fuel computer would suggest this too.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I would beg to differ as far as economy is concerned. Have been carefully looking at MPG over the last few days (sad, I know!) and comparing with non-cruise driving. There is definitely no reduction in MPG and as far as it being 'on all the time', it controls the throttle just like your right foot would and backs right off the power when it is not required.

If it were on all the time driving with it would be pretty scary!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.